#PMChallenge - Adaptive theme (light at day, dark at night)

1. jgarbayo Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

jgarbayo, Feb 9, 2019 :
    Description
    When this function is enabled, the phone will automatically switch to the dark theme at night and to the light theme at day.

Who are the users?
    Users who are in the night mode philosophy, but prefer to use the light mode at day.

What is the proposed function?

In phone Settings, under Display > Theme, add a new "Light at day, dark at night" entry.

Here is a preview of what it could look like (I photoshopped a screenshot):
    AdaptiveTheme.png

What is the user value?
    This feature is like an extension of the night mode. It will help to reduce eyes fatigue, as the screen will be less bright at night when the notifications drawer is expanded, when using a built-in app, when being in the settings, etc.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    I am not aware of a similar feature from any smartphone brand. But I know it already exists within certain apps, like Twitter or Textra (alternative SMS app).
    So that feature is not superior, it is just another step to reduce screens brightness at night.

2. jgarbayo Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

dsmonteiro likes this.
  3. Maria Pap Honeycomb Feb 20, 2019

Maria Pap, Feb 20, 2019 :
    Yup, this is really useful! It's one of the most underrated features if custom ROMs in my opinion.

jgarbayo likes this.
  4. M1543110460906 Cupcake Feb 20, 2019

jgarbayo likes this.