#PMChallenge - Add a new gesture to activate split screen

1. Verlociraptor910
    Cupcake Feb 6, 2019

Verlociraptor910 , Feb 6, 2019 :
    Who are the users?
    Oneplus users who have disabled the on screen buttons and use the gestures instead to navigate through the phone.

What is the proposed function?

As a user I want to interact quickly and smooth with my phone especially when I need two apps in parallel so that I can work even faster and easier.

I want to introduce a shake gesture to enter the split screen mode, which makes it more convenient for the user as he gets rid of the unnecessary clicks to activate this feature.

What is the user value?

Getting rid of unnecessary clicks to activate split screen and make it faster accessible by using gestures.
    At the moment the user has to do these steps to enter split screen:
    • Open the task manager
    • Click on the three dots
    • Click on split screen
    • Select the second app
    • Done
    This is how it looks like at the moment:

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    To activate split screen in Android N you have different methods:
    • Via drag and drop, which is feels time consuming. I want to have a quick and user friendly interaction.
    • Quick Swipe: Swipe up from the on screen button. As I want to use gestures and get rid off on screen buttons, I can not use this approach.
    Logic behind the product:
    These are the steps to activate split screen with shake interaction:
    • Open the task manager
    • Shake your phone
    • The first displayed screen of the task manager is selected as the first split screen part
    • Now the user just selects the next app he wants to have in the split screen from the task manager and that's it :)
    Positive:
    • You get rid of two additional clicks
    • Able to do this with using one hand
    • Easy and comfortable to use
    • It is fun to shake your phone ;)
    This is how it should look like:

santosh45 and M457ERM1ND like this.
  2. EABowden
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 8, 2019

EABowden , Feb 8, 2019 :
    I like your idea, but not your solution.

In the gesture nav you can currently up and right to switch to the most recent app.
    So why not swipe your current app up to the top of the screen to 'dock it' and start split screen, then simply choose the next one, reducing the number of steps by 50%

3. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Feb 8, 2019

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Feb 8, 2019 :
    5th time:

These things don't make us any faster.

alessiodales likes this.
  4. Blue-agila
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 8, 2019

Blue-agila , Feb 8, 2019 :
    Does this send feedback about Google Maps at the same time

5. Lu00765
    Froyo Feb 8, 2019

6. L1549463326048
    Cupcake Feb 8, 2019

L1549463326048 , Feb 8, 2019 :
    Thank you for your feedback :) I like the idea about swiping up from bottom to top completely, but I have small hands, so this gesture would feel very unconfortable for me

7. Verlociraptor910
    Cupcake Feb 8, 2019

Verlociraptor910 , Feb 8, 2019 :
    Thank you for your feeback :) using two fingers would mean you can not do this gesture by using only one hand. I would like to have a gesture which I can perform with one hand