#PMChallenge Advanced Video Player

1. arun047 Cupcake Feb 10, 2019

arun047, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Finally, This is my first thread. Appreciate your comments.

Everyone needs a great video player, and although our OnePlus has a basic video player, there's no need to settle for that. I am suggesting a video player to enable additional options with a minimum of fuss or you want a tool that gives you fine control over every aspect of picture and audio playback.

Of course, there are tons of video players in market and you're not limited to using just one video player. But adding these features in in-build player will help the user not to search and go for another one.

That's why I came up with some additional options.

So let's start your questions...

Who are the users?
    Mobile is the new TV. Everyone wants to watch videos for entertainment or playback the memories they had in their handset.

What is the proposed function?
    • Manual Rotate - Rotating the screen to landscape when auto rotate is off. (Like rotating picture in gallery app.)
    • Screen Resizing - Zoom In or Out on the video screen size.
    • Backward & Forward - Double Tap to backward and forward
    • Brightness & Volume Control - Adjusting the brightness and volume on the screen.
    • Audio Change - Changing Audio for a video which has multiple audios.
    • Add Subtitle - To be able to add subtitle to the video.
    • Audio Only - To play only the audio from video. This option will be helpful to listen to the audio or music after locking the device or when using other apps.
    • Editing - Trimming, Merging, Resizing, Filter Change on the video.
    • Share - Sharing or Casting the video.
    What is the user value?
    In-built Video Player with all the options with simple design. Users will be happy to use this app instead of searching for a new one.
    User can change the audio, resize the screen, just enjoy the music on the lock, People doesn't care about language if the movie or series is good. Subtitle will help them understand the same.
    If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    I don’t think these options are added in any device video player. But I'm sure there are many apps for this.

Why do we need to go a for other new app if we can get the same features in the default app? isn't it. :D

Be sure to:
    -Explain the logic behind this product and how you want it to be implemented.

• Rotating the screen to landscape like rotating picture in gallery app.
    • Video screen resizing by Zoom In or Out.
    • Double Tap to go 10 secs backward or forward. It would be great if we can adjust the 10 secs time frame too.
    • Adjusting the brightness by tap&drag up and down on the left side of the screen. Same process on the right side for Volume.
    • Clicking the Audio Icon to change the audio.(For video with more than one audio)
    • Click to add subtitle from storage for a video.
    • Click to play only audio. Useful to listen to music on lock or when using other app.
    • Click to go into video editor.
    • Click to share video with other device.
    • Click options to delete, copy, move.
    -Include directions and details via diagram sketches. Draw each screen and show the flow from screen to screen. (See the design principles post if you’d like an example.)
    I have added the sample screen layouts.
    Apologies for the drawing and handwriting. ;D

We will use the following questions to scrutinize your pitch:
    From the Product department – does it contribute to a burdenless experience?

Yes, Simple design with advance options will be easy to handle.
    From the developers - how will different parts of the existing OS interact with this new feature?
    Existing image viewer has features like rotate, zoom in&out. We can enhance the same for video too. Others features will be the key which users will love.
    From UX Design – what will the user experience be like? Does the current flow result in the optimal user journey?
    I will be happy to see my video player with these options. So Yes.

If you have any questions about this idea, write me up with your comments.
    OP_VideoPlayer_1.png OP_VideoPlayer_2.png OP_VideoPlayer_3.png OP_VideoPlayer_4.png OP_VideoPlayer_5.png

Ruby G. likes this.
  2. LegolasX Jelly Bean Feb 10, 2019

3. arun047 Cupcake Feb 10, 2019

arun047, Feb 10, 2019 :
    @LegolasX
    Agreed. But if we can get all the features in In-built video player why do we need those. And I don't think we have Audio Only option in those apps.

4. LegolasX Jelly Bean Feb 10, 2019

LegolasX, Feb 10, 2019 :
    why do you even need audio only in a video player?
    and its always not a good plan trying to put everything in an OS.

The lighter the base OS the better the system runs.
    imagine all play store apps being integrated into Android and shutting down all 3rd party apps developer for good.

sometimes 3rd party developers and app does far better job than oem.
    and OnePlus are not that good at developing apps.

5. arun047 Cupcake Feb 10, 2019

arun047, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Consider you want to play some audio from a video even though your mobile is locked or when you are using any other app.

I agree that the lighter OS the better. But it's not like we are creating a new app which needs more memory. Already we have one and we are adding few more options. Adding few more MBs to the existing app is good rather than a new app.

OnePlus team requests us to give ideas, better we use the opportunity this time [e]1f609[/e]

6. LegolasX Jelly Bean Feb 10, 2019

LegolasX, Feb 10, 2019 :
    na i will not use a video player for audio. we don't lock our devices while playing video and if we do, we need audio to stop too.

the video player you are talking now is part of google photos app. OnePlus doesn't come with audio or video player.

so they need to develop all new player from scratch if they want all these implementation.
    Nothing against your proposal just don't want OnePlus to use their time on something that can easily be done with a 3rd party app.

sorry but i don't personally support this this thread.

7. Moin2200 KitKat Feb 10, 2019

Moin2200, Feb 10, 2019 :
    What you’re describing is VLC and mx player.