#PMCHALLENGE - *AIR GESTURES

1. Dpartee Froyo Feb 19, 2019

Dpartee, Feb 19, 2019 :
    My suggestion for the #PMChallenge is the addition of *AIR Gestures

The proposed function is to use the accelerometer/sensors to trigger the flashlight via a specific movement

User Value:
    It makes it quick and convenient for someone to turn the led on only second to having a physical button to do so.walk across a dark room, find something you dropped, it takes a few steps out of the process. Can be especially useful in emergency situations such as after an accident or natural disaster when someone needs to access a flashlight very quickly.
    There is also value in not having to unlock the phone with a bright screen in the middle of the night directly in your eyes, its much easier just to wave and have the light facing away from you.

if there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?

Yes there is a comparable function in the industry, it's comparable to Motorola's "Moto Actions". I believe OnePlus could improve on the function by adding a layer of customization, a few ideas would be to be able to assign your own specific movement to trigger the flashlight, much like the ability of adding functions to certain oxygen scree gestures, also the ability to determine how long the light comes on for ie: 5 sec, 10sec, 30 sec, or indefinite. They're definitely much more things you could add to it, such as starting up the camera,calculator,calendar etc, i just wanted to stick to one specific idea and also when I had the feature I loved it and was the most common action I would use. I cant begin to explain how many times this function has helped me. IMG_20190219_150326339.jpg *Rough Hand Drawn Sketch OF Idea Implementation IMG_20190219_150326339.jpg