#PMChallenge Alert Slider Disable

1. timkleyn Donut Feb 5, 2019

timkleyn, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Who are the users? Everyone who wants to streamline their OnePlus experience

What is the proposed function? Allow for the option to disable the alert slider for optimal user volume control by those who do not want the slider.

What is the user value? Those who do not want to settle for the alert slider regime may disable it for regular volume control. They will once again be liberated to go to silent/vibrate simply by pushing the volume down rocker.

Are there existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior? This functionality exists on all non-OnePlus smartphones. This feature to disable the alert slider on a OnePlus will be superior to all others in that it is on a OnePlus device. OnePlus is fantastic in all other respects. #NeverSettle

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019

2. Moin2200 KitKat Feb 5, 2019

Moin2200, Feb 5, 2019 :
    One of the top selling points of oneplus devices is the alert slider.
    So disabling it wouldn't make sense.

3. timkleyn Donut Feb 5, 2019

timkleyn, Feb 5, 2019 :
    I get that. Having an option to disable the alert slider does not alienate those who like it. Ya dig?

4. Moin2200 KitKat Feb 5, 2019

Moin2200, Feb 5, 2019 :
    So just have an alert slider that does nothing then?

Why not still use it by changing its behavior to open apps or something?

5. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop Feb 5, 2019

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Can you explain how this would “streamline” user experience?

6. timkleyn Donut Feb 5, 2019

timkleyn, Feb 5, 2019 :
    No thank you.

7. timkleyn Donut Feb 5, 2019

timkleyn, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Sure. It's a buzzword to make it sound more appealing.

But to give you a more satisfying answer it would streamline the experience for users like me who find it cumbersome to access the slider with a finger. In addition, automation apps are hindered in controlling volume to DND, Vibrate, or Silent since the device is forced to be in Ring (or some other combination of those settings).

8. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop Feb 5, 2019

I agree they should allow the volume to go to zero even if the slider is in ring mode. But disabling the slider feature altogether isn’t a good idea.

9. timkleyn Donut Feb 5, 2019

timkleyn, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Let me be clear. This is only an option (stress the word option) to disable. I do not want to force a disabled alert slider on people who like the slider. Similar to that I don't want the alert slider forced on me. Ya dig?

10. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop Feb 5, 2019

Dug.

timkleyn likes this.