#PMChallenge - Always working Emergency Call

1. Markuba1312 Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

Markuba1312, Feb 5, 2019 :
    1.) Who are the users?
    - Potentially every OnePlus owner who gets in to an emergency.

2.) What is the proposed Function?
    - My Function Idea is called "Always working Emergency call". The Idea is, to put a side a little percentage of the battery life for an always available Emergency call menu.

Imagine you're battery dies (which honestly never happens with my OnePlus 6). But in case it happens, and somebody needs to call the police or the emergency Doctor... Wouldn't it be so great and life saving if Oxygen OS has already put aside 1 % (?), so that you can still turn the device on to open a special Emergency Call Menu?

Thanks to the great, battery saving AMOLED Display, a black screen opens up which shows you, depending on the country you're staying at that moment, the numbers for the Emergency call. In my case, that would be Germany... So the screen shows me in a thin font (In the language of the country you're in at that moment and of course in english):

Call 110 For Police
    Call 112 for Emergency Doctor & Fire Department.

I don't know how you guys at OnePlus would implement that feature. Because I know that a battery wears it self out in time. So the option to block the last percent wouldn't work after the battery is a bit used but maybe you could build in an extra tiny battery that is only used for that feature. Yes, that takes more place but it doesn't have to be so big right? I mean, if all the functions like WiFi, 4G and a bright display are shut down and only the telephone function and a small part of the display is activated...the battery would last long and the emergency menu could be opened for hours.

I don't know how you guys would implement that but I know for sure that this function has the potential to safe life's.

3.) What is the User value?
    - The value of the user is, that he could safe his own life and those around him when something terrible happens.

4.) If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?

- The Feature is superior I think, because I never saw anything like that on an other smartphone. They are some great Emergency systems on smartphones where you can push the power button for a few times and the phone calls the police for example. But those functions, as good as they are, there for no use if the battery is dead.

I have a few more thoughts on this. So if the team chooses to use that function I'm here to answer questions for you. thank you.

Greetings
    Mark
    1549385383636.jpg