#PMChallenge - An innovative type of Phone Care (OneAid)

1. J1550315267103 Cupcake Feb 21, 2019

J1550315267103, Feb 21, 2019 :
    Hello, My name is Joshua. I am 14 years old, turning 15 soon. I always love coming up with new ideas, designing them, and bringing them to life. I had a phone case idea, which I attempted to seek to offer to both Jeff Bezos and Tim Draper, as well as a greenhouse gas filtering device that I wanted to propose to Bill Gates. My proposals were all rejected, but I never stopped working, creating, and designing. I had an idea for a software feature in mobile phones that I thought would be very helpful. I was in the process of designing it and, while that was happening, this contest popped up, so here it is.

What is the proposed function?
    The function of this software feature is to enable detection of problems and notify you, or allow you to conduct the tests yourself when you feel like your phone is lagging or not functioning properly. It would mostly be for hardware problems that this feature (One Aid) would operate best. It would be like a doctor for phones, but since it would be built-in the software and be able to communicate to the internal hardware faster and more accurately, it would provide more accurate information. When you do the tests yourself and the results indicate that everything is normal, the application would notify you. However, if there is a problem, the application would give you information on what to do next, like a prescription, and further explain what problem your phone is experiencing. If the problem does not require your phone to be sent to the nearest service center, the application will inform you of that too. It would mostly detect problems such as screen problems, button issues, receiver issues etc. However if there is an issue that the software detects, it would send you a notification and a prescription on what you should do next.

Who are the users?
    The users would be all of One Plus users. However it is targeted to people that may often encounter problems or issues with their phones, such as dropping or overusing the phone.

What is the user value?
    Frequently, users tend to have issues with their phones. It's something everybody goes through when they own a phone. When there is something wrong with your phone, it can be quite frustrating. Sometimes, you are unaware of what the problem seems to be, and sometimes it's just hard to fix. This software would help people overcome these issues/difficulties. With One Plus devices, there aren't many global service centers, and you have to mail your device to figure out the problem and what to do with it; it takes time. This would help eliminate that time and only the problems that requires professionals to handle it and is a serious issue would be sent for repair. This means One Plus owners would face less time away from their phone and there would be less stress towards one plus service centers.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    There is a similar function in Samsung where you are able to do basic hardware checks manually. It is not that accurate and when there is an issue you have to do Q&A's for the device to figure out a problem. When there is a problem it would just say that there is a problem, without actually offering a solution. This (One Aid) would be far more advanced. It would incorporate both manual and automatic functions, with more accurate information since it would be able to communicate to the hardware directly. After the diagnostics, it would give information on what you should do next. In the case of Samsung, the application notifies you of an existing problem, without actually providing a solution: like a doctor telling you that you are suffering from an illness but not providing you with the cure. This application is the cure. It would explain what needs to be done, and whether or not your device needs to be mailed to a service center.

I believe that this feature would have a big impact towards One Plus right now since there aren't a lot of service centers. This feature would help people figure out problems, how to fix it at home conveniently or if there is a need for it to be fixed by professionals in a service center to get a proper repair. It would also help out with frustration that One Plus users might have. I believe this would improve customer satisfaction in One Plus. It would be a great additional touch towards the already amazing Oxygen OS.

Thank you for taking the time to read and I really hope you will choose my idea.

Sincerely
    Joshua

Attached Files: