#PMChallenge - And the winner is...

1. Jacob_DK Honeycomb Mar 14, 2019

Jacob_DK, Mar 14, 2019 :
    Congratulations and well deserved, @Its.Leandroo :)

Its.Leandroo likes this.
  2. AtomicEntity Gingerbread Mar 14, 2019

AtomicEntity, Mar 14, 2019 :
    Next time, make 2 separate contests.
    1. For Design Improvements
    2. For New features which add additional functionalities to OOS.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  3. ascovit Eclair Mar 14, 2019

4. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Mar 14, 2019

dsmonteiro, Mar 14, 2019 :
    That's actually a valid suggestion! Thanks, will forward the feedback.

alessiodales, YRJ and FlixbusLennart like this.
  5. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 14, 2019

FlixbusLennart, Mar 14, 2019 :
    It's not out yet

YRJ likes this.
  6. YRJ KitKat Mar 14, 2019

YRJ, Mar 14, 2019 :
    Leandroo has it, see if you can please him!? ;)

7. SJBoss KitKat Mar 14, 2019

SJBoss, Mar 14, 2019 :
    Don’t you think that was the whole point of the argument that has been going on here? I’m really surprised why none of the admins said just that in the first place? But the staff really like to play with semantics as they always do,

And out of all people why didn’t you? i really don’t understand that you couldn’t see why people were confused? yea we can go on and on what a feature means but as i said in my first post for your average user a new feature means extra functionality so you/they could’ve ended it with a good message of being careful next time.

or a simple explanation why they chose OS refinement over those suggested features? Tbh if i was a part of the software team I would’ve chosen his suggestion over anything else.

I would’ve really appreciated a simple nice explanation.

alessiodales and dsmonteiro like this.
  8. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Mar 14, 2019

dsmonteiro, Mar 14, 2019 :
    No, the whole point of the discussion, as I see it, is that the winner's entry not being a feature. Most people seem to have reacted well to the winner so the argument that "your average user a new feature means extra functionality" might not be entirely valid.

The reason why I liked the user's suggestion is allowing for more granularity in the future. As for a "a simple explanation why they chose OS refinement over those suggested features", there's a pinned post with that:

"Our decision making was focused on basic features (as in, easy to use, not easy to implement) that have bigger impacts on most users' daily use and, most importantly, features that benefit the majority of our users."

alessiodales and SJBoss like this.
  9. SJBoss KitKat Mar 14, 2019

SJBoss, Mar 14, 2019 :
    Again because the title said “new feature” and it wasn’t a feature hence the confusion, his entry being so good that it seems just right to choose him doesn’t change the fact the title and winning entry don’t go well together.
    I’ve had my time with semantics, and I’m not gonna debate what means what because it’s exhausting as f :p
    Yes, but that was really a long post :p and people were already mad by the time this response came.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019

alessiodales likes this.
  10. SJBoss KitKat Mar 14, 2019

SJBoss, Mar 14, 2019 :
    I can’t talk on behalf of others but i can assure you i was and i still am more than okay with the winning entry and didn’t jump in until it seemed necessary because feature or no feature something really good was picked, and i think many people thought the same or didn’t wanted to seem rude to the winner because he did an awesome job but still that doesn’t change the fact that for masses a feature indeed means extra functionality, i mean it’s common sense tbh.

alessiodales likes this.
  11. grouperb Froyo Mar 14, 2019

12. O1541191899245 Honeycomb Mar 14, 2019

O1541191899245, Mar 14, 2019 :
    Well, I'm not trolling anyone, I never seen this type of Software feature in any Software Engineering books or subject, not even my Software Engineer friends created a new software feature like this in their entire carrier....

And even if this is a software feature which coming with next update to my OnePlus, I really don't want this Software Feature,
    And is there any way to disable/uninstall this software feature if people like me don't like it?

Let me make this very clear if I create a post with Yes or No,
    How many you want this software feature in next update ( instead of having other features like other thread mentioned )
    The No will be win by the huge margin......

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019

alessiodales likes this.
  13. grouperb Froyo Mar 14, 2019

grouperb, Mar 14, 2019 :
    1. This is not the dark ages.
    2. You are not an inquisitor.
    3. Be more positive.

14. O1541191899245 Honeycomb Mar 14, 2019

15. grouperb Froyo Mar 14, 2019

grouperb, Mar 14, 2019 :
    ok now you convinced me with your amazing argument.

I am stopping asap just for you....dude.

16. grouperb Froyo Mar 14, 2019

grouperb, Mar 14, 2019 :
    ok now you convinced me with your amazing argument.

I am stopping asap just for you....dude.

17. grouperb Froyo Mar 14, 2019

grouperb, Mar 14, 2019 :
    From the tons of negative replies towards the Dev Team, my reply bothered you the most?

Oh you the usefull one, we mere useless peasants request for thy's forgiveness.

Now you can be bothered Dude.

18. O1541191899245 Honeycomb Mar 14, 2019

Your thread is in Tech section and not a single reply there related to tech all they are spamming with Superhero related things,

I don't know why the Mods not closed your thread or moved it to Off Topic section yet :smirk:

And not gonna reply you further here because it's again a off topic thing.

alessiodales likes this.
  19. grouperb Froyo Mar 14, 2019

grouperb, Mar 14, 2019 :
    So instead of banning the people who spam the thread you suggest they should close a thread that tried to promote active discussions on future features we wish to see on OOS.

You have a really good judgment. Keep it up.

20. O1541191899245 Honeycomb Mar 14, 2019

It's your thread you should complain :rolleyes:

grouperb likes this.