#PMChallenge Auto Rotation and New UI Featuers.

?

Which feature you would want ?

Poll closed Mar 9, 2019.
  1. Feature 1

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. Feature 2

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Feature 3

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  4. Feature 4

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. be1ieve Donut Feb 17, 2019

be1ieve, Feb 17, 2019 :
    Greetings !
    I strongly Believe that one plus is already ahead of other OS in the market, so just adding some new features to steal the show.

1. Who are the users?
    Everyone who Loves OnePlus and potentionally every Oneplus user.

2.What is the proposed function?
    This is a software feature which can be implemented easily.
    Shortcut feature for auto Rotation and auto brightness, we all have been there when we have to scroll down to enabe auto rotation and again disable it when we do not need it any more , this is time consuming and sluggish.
    Solution - When we Rotate our device , a small bubble will appear on right bottom corner , as soon as we click on it and screen will automatically adapt auto rotation whether it is video application or any messenger etc.
    As we see in below Snap that Potrait Mode is ON (Snap A).
    WhatsApp Image 2019-02-17 at 1.43.16 PM.jpeg
    When we rotate the Mobile still it is in Potrait Mode as shown in Snap B with a bubble at bottom right corner. As soon as we press it we enter in Landscape mode (this bubble will remain in Dark colour when we are in Landscape mode, to exit it we undo the process and colour of bubble will change).

rotatedwithbubble.jpg
    Second Feature is Related to Recent Apps.
    In the New Oxygem Update Recent apps Looks like this

6trecentapps.jpg
    If we have more than 10 applications we have to scroll back and forth to search it and do unnecessary scrolling .
    Solution - Add a scrolling Slider so that it easy to reach any app among various applications . Below is attached Screenshot.
    slider.jpg
    Third Feature is related to battery percentage icon.
    As we know that one plus already updated battery icon but still there is no option to get a fancy battery icon with numerical percentage visible.

Solution - Adding a thin Graphical Line on right/Left top side which contains three colour (Green,Yellow, Red).
    Green when battery is above 70% , Yellow when battery is between 25-69% and red for below 25% and we can customise these numbers in Battery section in settings. Refer Below Snap for reference.
    OnePlus-6-notification-bar-icons.jpg
    Fourth Feature is related to how we do icon management on our Home Screen.
    As a one Plus user myself i love to customise my home screen and it is boring to see same icons daily on your screen in the same manner. (Grid Display). And it is very hectic to drag and drop many applications from one page to another for a change.

Solution - Adding a icon customizable settings in home screen settings .
    wallpapersettings.jpg
    On Clicking this settings we can see different settings options, a new option can be added in Home screen layout which lets us decide the shape of the grid in which we want to put our icons. For example Diamond shape, circle shape and so on.
    circle.png
    User can select the shape and select the specific applications they want in this grid for a new UI experience.

What is the User Value?
    These Features would make a great difference in UI experience of OnePlus users as Oxygen OS is all about customising things.
    This will lead to a Simple yet quirky UI experience,a more cohesive UI.

4. If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?

The auto rotations feature has not been implemented in any UI but it is in beta version of Samsung new UI called One UI but colour changing of the bubble is the superior feature . Rest other features have not been implemented. (Correct me if i am wrong).
    Why settle for that when you can achieve a similar result with one less layer? #NeverSettle

2. LegolasX Jelly Bean Feb 17, 2019

LegolasX, Feb 17, 2019 :
    hmm,
    1.auto rotate is fine in Pie and if one uses navigation bar we already have smart/adaptive rotation. I don't know why your chrome didn't rotate but mine rotates just fine.
    2.we already can scroll swiping, so why add another scroll bar?
    also Google's pill navigation has that sliding bar.
    3.nope battery percentage is enough, at least i don't need any bar or so in my status bar. it looks clean without any gimmick.
    4.if you want various arrangements for apps, you can try different launchers already.
    OnePlus launcher needs improvement but not these kind.

Shapeshift3r and toastytoast1234 like this.
  3. be1ieve Donut Feb 17, 2019

be1ieve, Feb 17, 2019 :
    1.Everything is Fine in Pie , but it is about making it better. You can not enter Landscape mode in potrait mode in any OS. so it is a shortcut Feature .
    2. Imagine your 100 contacts in a line , you can scroll to each and reach them or you can use the alphabetical sliding bar to reach it or a search button. same thing with recent apps,People having 9-10 recent apps can switch to apps faster using a sliding bar or a search thing there.
    3.you can not have battery percentage with a battery icon. Feel free to try. it is just a idea so one plus team can make it better with their expertise.
    4. there are various launchers providing new things , so you can either download and try those features or switch to one plus, which promise to give you ultimate user experience, and i personally like Oxygen OS better than those paid launchers.
    Thanks for reading

Nidig likes this.
  4. LegolasX Jelly Bean Feb 17, 2019

LegolasX, Feb 17, 2019 :
    I dont even know what do you even mean by this?

There is already swipe scrolling and as already mentioned Google Pill, what exactly are you searching in Recents? I don't see people opening 100 Recent apps. so how hard is to scroll through say 5 apps or lets call it 10 apps if you are into those things?
    Look at your own screenshots where i can clearly see Battery Icon and Battery icon. And even now i have circular battery icon with Battery percentage. I don't know why you said so.

You can choose whatever launcher you want, Oneplus launcher is light-wight and gets the job done, no need of any bloat into it. There is a reason other options exists and not everything has to be crammed into single app.

5. be1ieve Donut Feb 17, 2019

be1ieve, Feb 17, 2019 :
    Try to search for One UI you will understand what i mean, auto rotate is nothing new but still i would prefer that bubble option .
    can you see screenshots of my recent applications and even guess what are the applications on left or right side? because before update we can easily see a glance of other applications in one plus. so imagine the same with your 10 application example, search thing will come in handy.
    it is not about choosing launcher , it is about adding a new feature in one plus OS, so whats wrong if you can customise your icons without drag and drop without even downloading a third party application?

F_Gauri_Soneja_KbFW and Nidig like this.
  6. LegolasX Jelly Bean Feb 17, 2019

LegolasX, Feb 17, 2019 :
    oh so you want OnePlus to copy Samsung..why didn't you say so in first place?
    one ui and you know what one ui is really about?
    and where does it match with what you suggested about auto rotating bubble?

why you don't know what apps are you running in background? or you forget what apps you opened and forgot?
    Recents is just fine in current OS, I don't see why OnePlus needs to tinker with it and moreover its Google who designed the Recents and OnePlus likes to keep it close to stock.

you can still drag and drop apps, I don't see why i need to makes patterns and designs?
    there are wigdets available, kwgt is available, zooper is available and many more..

7. be1ieve Donut Feb 17, 2019

be1ieve, Feb 17, 2019 :
    If you can re-read the post it is mentioned that it is already implemented by SAMSUNG, let me highlight so that you can read with your naked eyes.
    I very well know which apps can run in background or not as i am a software developer myself. Recents is just fine for many users like you who love whatever google develop but trust me it needs an update , old OnePlus recents was much better that the current.
    you can still drag and drop since 2008 which comes in grid format. ( i hope you know what is grid format).
    so it is an idea to replace that grid.
    There are widgets available but there are users like me also in market who does not want to buy premium widget after spending money on a good end phones like OnePlus.

Nidig likes this.
  8. F1550427920449 Cupcake Feb 17, 2019

be1ieve likes this.
  9. be1ieve Donut Feb 17, 2019

be1ieve, Feb 17, 2019 :
    thanks.

10. Nidig Cupcake Feb 17, 2019

Nidig, Feb 17, 2019 :
    This is so awesome, i have not replied to any of the features posted, but all the features are really awesome, i hope this gets implemented soon, and oneplus launch actually needs improvement n this is it, i rreally like each idea of yours, be it battery percentage, scrolling , or icon management, are so cool, it like giving users more authority to inteaeact with UI, thank you so much for this, and i hope someone could really go ahead with this

be1ieve likes this.
  11. be1ieve Donut Feb 17, 2019

12. LegolasX Jelly Bean Feb 17, 2019

LegolasX, Feb 17, 2019 :
    and point me how is your color bubble superior to Google's own?
    and yes Google does it better than OnePlus so why will OnePlus fix something that's not broken just to add a bubble.
    time changes and so does os, you should have known being a software developer of whatever you are.
    some people prefer marshmallow and yet want new version number.
    not every one can be pleased.
    you like oreo recents fine, many like it but some adapt to whatever new comes.
    what i wanted to know is how is all your ideas superior since all are available via 3rd party app and as OnePlus likes it or tries to preach is oxygen os must remain close to stock with some nifty features here and there not bloated like other so called companies who crams every other feature available.
    if your ideas are superior maybe OnePlus will pay some attention but I don't have to agree with what your ideas are.
    and if you are posting in public community learn to accept criticism.

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  13. be1ieve Donut Feb 18, 2019

be1ieve, Feb 18, 2019 :
    If you have time to read it carefully then i have already presented in a superior way than other implementations. Do your home work and find out where these things are implemented. It is easy to give opinions than to understand how small updates can make a difference. It is funny that you still do not understand any of the above point and asking me how they are superior. If samsung can implement it then why cant Oneplus? If a launcher can have new features then why cant Oneplus? Read it again and try to find these features on your google. Good luck.

14. RandomUserOne Eclair Feb 18, 2019

RandomUserOne, Feb 18, 2019 :
    well representing in superior way is not competition here.
    as OnePlus mentioned in challenge guidelines, how is the actual idea superior?
    i went through your ideas and frankly saying they are not that great of course thats my personal opinion.
    almost all can be done already but i am not saying they can't be improved.
    but seeing the discussion @LegolasX has some valid points too. like Google does it better thats obvious because if they didn't Android wouldn't exist today. Samsung has done many things doesn't mean OnePlus should do it too.
    Samsung is many times bigger and has multiple resources to spare OnePlus is like maybe 1% of them?

and this argument that if x company has something why can't Y is simply stupid. no offense here.

Shapeshift3r and LegolasX like this.
  15. LegolasX Jelly Bean Feb 18, 2019

LegolasX, Feb 18, 2019 :
    next time ask Samsung costs 900$ why doesn't OnePlus?
    and I don't like your ideas its up to me, you posted in public community asking for opinions so i gave mine, you didn't like? i don't care.
    and keep your ego with you i don't owe you anything...

16. be1ieve Donut Feb 18, 2019

be1ieve, Feb 18, 2019 :
    First decide yourself whether you want to question Samsung , or my idea or why it is superior when it is already implemented, Samsung UI is common to all flagships not just 900$ Smart Phones, And no one is showing any ego, just like you have your opinion which says we dont need such features in the same way i guess i have my own opinion that i need them.
    Thank you for your opinion.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019

17. be1ieve Donut Feb 18, 2019

be1ieve, Feb 18, 2019 :
    It is not about Samsung or OnePlus, samsung user base is already more than oneplus and if a feautre is good enough to make people's life easy then whats wrong? Forget about superior thing. Oneplus development team can make it look differ in no time. I am a oneplus user myself and i think it will help users like me.
    Yes Google development is better but if you do not know what Oneplus is capable of, let me remind you that OXYGEN is developed by them only which is not stock rather very close to stock and you can find features which you can not find in stock android.

18. RandomUserOne Eclair Feb 18, 2019

RandomUserOne, Feb 18, 2019 :
    Yeah "IF" a feature is good enough and how will you decide its good enough if you are a phone manufacturer?
    by votes of its users since its users who in the end are going to use those features. you are trying to push your idea into others head if i read your comments, that doesn't work i am afraid.
    maybe your ideas are superb according to you but others may not like it.

and I don't understand why are you boasting of being OnePlus user?
    i have been following OnePlus from quite some time but was not a member in community, i visit the community from time to time but just recently signed up and i see all these type of posts from time to time. OnePlus add this feature because poco has, because Samsung has, because apple has....
    i can agree some of the features from those companies are good but it's literally OnePlus who decides in the end and they decide based on users at least thats what they did when they started the company..i am not sure if they listen after this headphone removal business of them.

and OnePlus didn't do some magic when they created oxygen os, they didn't create Android its Google who did all the hard work, all these oems just modify or add few things here and there to push own version of the Android.
    and i know what OnePlus is capable of so don't remind me of it. i can see the various complaints and bug reports for their oxygen os.
    they are still learning things. so i won't bet that they can do as good job as Google or Samsung can do..or Apple.
    they have the best of the industry programmers and technicians.

so i will leave you at your ideas and Good luck.

19. be1ieve Donut Feb 19, 2019

be1ieve, Feb 19, 2019 :
    Yeah features i quoted are good enough for me and i would be happy to see them in one plus.
    No one is pushing any ideas into someone's head. If you dont appreciate people maybe new features will never come out. Maybe my idea is simple and not something special but i would be happy to see some updates as auto rotation bothers me . And coming to the point of one plus development team, you can not compare them with other developers as i am afraid that you are not even qualified enough to compare such big developers on the basis of software they make.
    Apple does not apply new feature which directly comes from user or samsung, neither saw oneplus mobiles blast due to over charge , there are bugs and issues for every company. Atleast Oneplus is transparent with users.

Thanks for reading.