#PMChallenge – Bluetooth Audio Tuner Profiles per connected device

1. RavensMinded0012
    Donut Feb 12, 2019

RavensMinded0012 , Feb 12, 2019 :
    #PMChallenge – OxygenOS Design Feature: Bluetooth Audio Tuner Profiles per connected device

1) Who are the users?
    Any user that utilizes Bluetooth connectivity to multiple devices for use of audio playback.

2) What is the proposed solution?
    Provide users the ability to create multiple user specific “Audio Tuner” profiles per each connected device. Each device a phone might connect to has different abilities of handling, Low’s, Mid’s or High’s. This will allow the user to preemptively set a devices specific audio profile based on the device they are connecting to, and the media of their choosing and saving those profiles for whenever connection is made.

3) What is the user value?
    Users can create specific audio profiles, one time, that will be their base audio profile any time / every time they connect to that specific device.

For example, a user might have two or more devices in their house they use for different content. In this example, a user could connect to one specific TV for cinema play. They then might have a sound bar in one part of the house they use for music and a device like Google Home in their kitchen where they also utilize for music but obviously the hardware has its specific audio limitations.

The user could then leave their house and connect to their car, with its own specific audio profile and then get to work or gym where they connect to their Bluetooth headphones with its specific profile. Thus always having the "right" sound for every device without needing to fumble between apps and the stock "Audio Tuner" to get the best sound.

This proposed solution allows a user to tune their content for each device to utilize it to its highest capabilities / users’ specific preferences without the hindrance of constantly changing equalizer settings through one form or another.

4) Is there existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    The beauty of this feature is OxygenOS already has this function integrated into its OS under “Settings -> Sound -> Audio Tuner”. The change would be implementing audio profiles for individual devices. I feel the offering of device specific audio tuning would best be utilized under “Settings -> Bluetooth & device connection” as illustrated in the following mock-up picture.

Screenshot_20190205-125410.jpg

andre.erb likes this.
  2. RavensMinded0012
    Donut Feb 12, 2019

3. andre.erb
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2019

andre.erb , Feb 26, 2019 :
    This is an absolutely sensible completion of the good audio tuner.

I have a total of 3 headphones (cables like Bluetooth) and it makes more than sense to change the tuner setting after the output device.

4. RavensMinded0012
    Donut Feb 28, 2019

RavensMinded0012 , Feb 28, 2019 :
    Appreciate that .

This is an honest gripe I have with any OS or app. As far as I know, there is no software set up to configure the tuning to multiple devices. Seems like a rather easy fix for something that has bothered me for years.