#PMChallenge Border flashing light with notification to make up for missing notification LED

1. Mockingjay1208 Donut Feb 20, 2019

Mockingjay1208, Feb 20, 2019 :
    Who are the users?
    Everyone who is really missing the LED Notification Light on the OnePlus 6T or "missing" notifications.

What is the proposed function?
    Two functions;

1. When unlocked: When the phone is unlocked and a notification pops up, the border of the phone should light up in such a way that it goes around the notch, which will really put emphasis on the cutout because let's face it, many people actually like how it looks. The lighting should be an animation such as showing up from the bottom, going around either side and then meeting in the middle of the notch or vice versa and the light thickness should be super minimal. In addition, you can program the light to draw its color from the app the notification comes from.

2. When locked: The notifications on the ambient display should show up as normal but the border lighting should only highlight the notch area or perhaps even the full screen border (this could be an option) but the rest of the screen should stay black. This would look really good with the AMOLED screen and plus, it would perfectly replace the notification light. You could also make the notch light to show up after intervals and keep the rest of the screen off so it looks cool and again, substitutes the notification LED.

What is the user value?
    Like I stated above, it would help people easily know about notifications and not miss any.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    Yes, they do exist. The base idea is taken from Samsung but made somewhat better imo and it would look really really good with the close-to-stock Android experience that OxygenOS offers.

I am aware that a similar thread has been posted by someone else but I believe my post kinda elaborates it further. The idea is slightly different but you can consider either of the two and do what's best. BUT PLEASE DO IT.

Cheers

2. N1548775926297 Donut Feb 21, 2019

N1548775926297, Feb 21, 2019 :
    Я уже третью похожую идею вижу. Я думал что один до этого догадался) думаю, OnePlus прислушаются к нашей идее