#PMChallenge Business minded phone

1. xaneybert
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2019

xaneybert , Feb 20, 2019 :
    Who are the users?
    • People who wants to keep their business and personal phone in one
    • Business people

What is the proposed function?
    • Shelf redesign, allowing 3rd party apps linkage instead of getting widgets
    • more personal details of the shelf with google details, google news, tasks etc.
    • Allowing desktop mode via usb-C or wifi
    • more secure phone - especially for those microsoft admin covered domains.
    • changing default apps to google apps like messenger (for RCA), calendar, gallery (utilize google photos), gtasks, keep for notes,
    • pushing calendar agenda from micorosft apps to shelf

What is the user value?
    • Business phones will be rendered useless especially for the agenda since the admins won't allow to use other email client but ms outlook app only, this won't allow the agendas to push through
    • Users who values business can do more multi tasking and more productivity with desktop mode.
    • decluttering redundant apps from google to make it more streamline and lighter files.
    • google now/assistant easier integration
    • Shelf will have a more personal touch instead of just having useless apps like recent contacts, apps, favorite apps which doesn't really much help as most likely you have those apps in the home screen as well.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    • Not sure if there are existing functions already for microsoft integration in shelf.
    • Security - not really sure how this will be implemented for improved security, probably something similar with the Titan M chip from pixel lines
    • Google now with the google apps integration is the easiest I can think of, the shelf redesign might be more superior if we can pull 3rd party apps in the shelf natively instead of just slapping widgets. Additional functions as well where shelf can be a dashboard or the assistant already providing you the news you like, the agenda for the day and meetings plus tasks needed to be done. All integrated to microsoft or google accounts, so focusing on workstations will have seamless sync.
    • Desktop mode is being done by samsung and huawei already, you'll be more superior if we can have a more better UI on that, but really having a desktop mode is already fine.
    BACKGROUND:
    Business phone users like me, renders high end phones a bit useless, because most apps will be restricted by admins to only use microsoft apps (for example), it we can merge those functions with a super fast phone and be a business friendly device then it will be better and might be the choice of working class for one plus to be their device of choice.

PROCESS:
    - Security, not sure how
    - Desktop mode, for compatible usb-C to HDMI
    - Shelf redesign, similar to google now with agendas and news, which would be very helpful to most folks. additionally I think we can have something like this in shelf.

Circles 1.jpg Circles 2.jpg

We will use the following questions to scrutinize your pitch:
    From the Product department – does it contribute to a burdenless experience?
    - business friendly phone and better shelf, which I think is the least used feature

From the developers - how will different parts of the existing OS interact with this new feature?
    - more on the integration with the apps for the circles

From UX Design – what will the user experience be like? Does the current flow result in the optimal user journey?
    - as shown above, it will be a better details

Ruby G. likes this.
  2. puneeth12
    Honeycomb Feb 20, 2019

puneeth12 , Feb 20, 2019 :
    you need Nova/ No phone launcher (I'll provide link in below)

this one Nova Launcher ( for customisation you need to spend some real money/ you can use free version).
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher.prime

this NO PHONE Launcher,I'm using right now due to some give and takes (HERE IS THE FREE ONE/ UNLESS U NEED FEW MORE APPS & DARK MODE).
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.aswinmohan.nophone

seriously..! it's just suggestion worth for business minds to be productive throughout life on android.

(I'm not paid to promote this application)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019

3. xaneybert
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2019

xaneybert , Feb 20, 2019 :
    Revamping shelf, and avoiding 3rd party launchers are the goal.. Not really to use another item. It's up to Oneplus to decide. I'm using nova already on my other smartphone and the functions I mentioned are not even covered on the smallest level.