#PMChallenge - Busy Hands Mode

1. Manas Saha Honeycomb Feb 5, 2019

Manas Saha, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Description of the feature:

When this mode is turned on, users will be able to receive/reject calls, Messages and App notifications without touching the phone (automatically or by using facial gestures).

Who are the users?

Everybody. There are many daily life cases when due to other works we are doing, we can not touch the phone. (For example while cooking, washing dishes, driving a car/bike, eating with hands, nursing babies...etc) When a call/message comes in these situations, users will be able to respond to it completely hands free.

What is the proposed function?

1. Add a Quick settings toggle - "Busy hands".
    2. When this mode is turned on, users will be able to respond to calls/notifications.
    3. Turning off this toggle switched phone back to normal mode.
    4. This is how Busy Hands mode functions for Calls, Messages and App notifications.

Calls
    ----------
    This mode can automatically receive a call (after a certain time, or by face detection) and put the call in loud speaker so that user do not need to touch the phone.

Facial gestures settings specified in the below mock ups.

This mode can automatically reply a Preset reply template, or display the message on screen or read aloud. - both automatically and by face detection. More details in Mock ups.

App notifications
    -----------------------
    User can choose which apps are allowed to show notifications during Busy hands mode.
    When received notification from the allowed apps, this mode can display the notification on screen or read aloud. - both automatically and by face detection. More details in Mock ups.

What is the user value?

It will make user's life easy as users do not need to interrupt what they were doing. It will add great value in usability of the device and OxygenOS in general.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?

Currently some apps automatically receives calls, but none uses facial gestures which I am proposing here. this will give more control to users.

Explain the logic behind this product and how you want it to be implemented

Step 1 : Add a quick settings toggle for turning on/off the busy hands mode.

1.PNG

Step 2 : Add new Busy Hands screen in Settings. User can also reach this screen by long pressing the quick toggle.

2.PNG

Step 3: Call settings screen

3.PNG

Step 4: Message Settings screen

4.PNG

Step 5: Notification Settings screen

5.PNG

Step 6: App chooser for Busy hands Notification.

6.PNG

Step 7 - This is how a message/notification will show up in screen if opted.

7.PNG

2. Intruder71 KitKat Feb 5, 2019

alessiodales likes this.
  3. ovenbaked Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

4. AtomicEntity Gingerbread Feb 5, 2019

AtomicEntity, Feb 5, 2019 :
    I like this idea. Would be a blessing when I am driving. My Car bluetooth always has issues with the pairing. A direct call receive with loudspeaker on is a great idea.

5. Lajara99 Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

6. theshinybeast Lollipop Feb 7, 2019

Sharinnn, Loveit, nabeelkh and 3 others like this.
  7. KeepTransisting KitKat Feb 7, 2019

Sharinnn and B_Wrath like this.
  8. Tobikage Marshmallow Feb 7, 2019

Tobikage, Feb 7, 2019 :
    If your hands are "busy" , you'll hold your phone up to your face so that it can recognise it using your feet presumably ?

Sharinnn and Blue-agila like this.
  9. Blue-agila Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 9, 2019

Blue-agila, Feb 9, 2019 :
    Im sure if your hands are really that busy it wouldn't be the end of the world if you responded to your sms, notifications, and returned calls when your hands weren't as busy and after you had washed them of course

10. Loveit Jelly Bean Feb 9, 2019

nabeelkh likes this.
  11. JalananFreak Gingerbread Feb 9, 2019

JalananFreak, Feb 9, 2019 :
    probably instead of face recognition (which sometimes you need to even wake up the screen before it detects your face),

how about make it like google assistant? voice recognition.
    when a call comes in, the phone will ask to accept or reject. then you just say "accept".

its the same for chat or etc.

like your idea btw. great idea !

12. Moin2200 KitKat Feb 9, 2019

Moin2200, Feb 9, 2019 :
    Why couldn't just we have a tongue feature where you can lick your display in a certain way to trigger functions?

Tobikage and Sharinnn like this.
  13. Sharinnn Lollipop Feb 9, 2019

Sharinnn, Feb 9, 2019 :
    I thought that's what everyone does... just me? oh okay

:p

14. Moin2200 KitKat Feb 9, 2019

Moin2200, Feb 9, 2019 :
    Well my nephew does it too.

15. Manas Saha Honeycomb Feb 10, 2019

Manas Saha, Feb 10, 2019 :
    No. Your phone can be resting on a table or kitchen counter or a mobile stand (any position except face down). When a call comes you can lean over the screen momentarily to register the face thats it. you dont need to wash your hands and touch the screen.
    If face register is not possible (let's say during driving), you can always use the Automatic call receive after 5 seconds option that I have mentioned in the mock up screen.

16. Manas Saha Honeycomb Feb 10, 2019

Manas Saha, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Returning SMS and App notifications are not as important. But Calls can be important. Maybe it is a client for your job.