1. hennes KitKat Feb 5, 2019

hennes, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Who are the users?
    All

What is the proposed function?
    Compress images.

What is the user value?
    1. More memory on the device
    2. Better images here in the forum and everywhere in the social networks where they are either scaled or poorly compressed.
    3. Less consumption of data volume during upload with almost the same quality.
    4. Faster upload with almost constant quality.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    You don't need any third-party software, like YaImCo, anymore, you have it out of the box, but most of all everyone can use the picture immediately and send it away without any upload limits, like here in the forum. You can add another function and send the original images to the cloud and only save the compressed images on the device, so there is more space for more images and has a backup solution for the images integrated.

-Explain the logic behind this product and how you want it to be implemented
    -Include directions and details via diagram sketches. Draw each screen and show the flow from screen to screen.

There is no need for sketches - it is enough to look at YaImCo and integrate it directly into the camera and or the gallery.

But ok, here is a short video from YaImCo, credits @TibiTibi Thanks for that

and another greate video from @TibiTibi

And here are some images, from the app:

Screenshot_20180701-030022.jpg Screenshot_20180701-030429.jpg Screenshot_20180701-030443.jpg

More you can find here:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/app-yaimco-yet-another-image-compressor.864234/

Considering that @dsmonteiro said that a sketch is given in the rules, I just quickly built one. Thanks for the nice hint @dsmonteiro

YaImCo skizze.jpg

Surely this is only a small extension, but for many it is an essential part to post their pictures here in the forum and in the social networks and to show the best quality in the fastest and most uncomplicated way. I have no problem with further developing YaImCo and making it exclusively available to the users here in the forum, but I think many would wish for a direct integration of a compression function with an image editor if necessary.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019

Aeeeas, OceaneSxm, TibiTibi and 18 others like this.
  2. Dresa91 Oreo Feb 5, 2019

3. woSch Lollipop Feb 5, 2019

woSch, Feb 5, 2019 :
    In context to an 'compression tool' it is funny to shout out 'this would be great' :)

I like the Idea to integrate YaImCo '100 percent' :) this would be an outstanding feature!

:) thumbs up @hennes

4. otto2 Lollipop Feb 5, 2019

otto2, Feb 5, 2019 :
    I agree, this would really be helpful, and a call to @David Y. : An integration in the community app would stop masses of failed upload postings. We got great cameras in our devices, but it 's difficult to show other users here the results in good quality.

5. Moin2200 KitKat Feb 5, 2019

Moin2200, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Good idea, especially for those who contribute to the shot on oneplus threads.

Shivang Joshi, hennes, otto2 and 3 others like this.
  6. script Marshmallow Moderator Feb 5, 2019

script, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Great, Hennes

Extra great. I'll do my best :)

7. Bouncer71 KitKat Feb 5, 2019

Bouncer71, Feb 5, 2019 :
    I'd like that in the Gallery... 8D

And they could set JPG quality to 100% in camera... ;)

Great suggestion @hennes

8. Venky61 Jelly Bean Feb 5, 2019

Venky61, Feb 5, 2019 :
    This is a great idea... Easy sharing and uploading from the gallery itself... :)

TibiTibi, script, woSch and 4 others like this.
  9. hennes KitKat Feb 5, 2019

hennes, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Yes, this is one of my actual problems, this "JPEG compression (6)" ;).

But, that compression is a feature market, shows even facebook with Spectrum and also others are trying to get rid of these big files by offering a compression function. I've done some tests with Spektrum here and here it's ok, but i think it could be better, in my example images you can see the difference between Spectrum an YaImCo. So there really seems to be a need out there to compress images in a good quality and give the user a better, faster and cheaper sharing experience. If a manufacturer like OnePlus would use something like this, they would not only be the first with such a feature, it would also be marketing technically very good to implement, but the most important thing would be that you, as a user, get everything, original images with 100% quality, and a very good compressed version which, as OnePlus always says, gives the user a great experience when he shares his images.

otto2, TibiTibi, cdnfarmer and 7 others like this.
  10. hennes KitKat Feb 6, 2019

hennes, Feb 6, 2019 :
    Thanks to everyone, you're the best!​

Thank you!

Thank you, t(w)oo!

Thank you, t(hree)oo!

Thank you, (four) too!

otto2, K3MN1K, Bouncer71 and 4 others like this.
  11. hennes KitKat Feb 6, 2019

hennes, Feb 6, 2019 :
    Sorry, not that it will be misunderstood, of course I would also like to thank all the comrades-in-arms that YaImCo became possible at all, and I hope they agree that I posted this here, and that it would be a good funktion if it will be directly integrated in the gallery oder camera.

On this way, i would like to thank all of you again:

@theKatie, @cdnfarmer (Ladies first), @ceport, @Dresa91, @ɢноѕтΘпе, @heller1967, @Hubby12, @K3MN1K, @Kalle81, @mkernbach, @morpheus566, @otto2, @script, @strafer, @woSch, @TibiTibi, @Shivang Joshi, @NeVeR_SeTTLe

otto2, TibiTibi, K3MN1K and 9 others like this.
  12. Dresa91 Oreo Feb 6, 2019

Dresa91, Feb 6, 2019 :
    :)

hennes, Bouncer71, script and 2 others like this.
  13. woSch Lollipop Feb 6, 2019

woSch, Feb 6, 2019 :
    You're welcome :) it's an honor to be a little tiny, tiny Part in bringing YaImCo on it's way with some ideas and hints :)

hennes, otto2, Bouncer71 and 3 others like this.
  14. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Feb 6, 2019

Shivang Joshi, Feb 6, 2019 :
    I agree, and I'm glad to be a small part of it. :)

Thank you so much for YaImCo :)

hennes, otto2, Bouncer71 and 4 others like this.
  15. shezack Gingerbread Feb 6, 2019

shezack, Feb 6, 2019 :
    A Definite Yes.

More than half of phone's memory is covered with Camera Images.

hennes, otto2, woSch and 2 others like this.
  16. ɢноѕтΘпе Starting Point Expert Community Expert Feb 6, 2019

hennes, otto2, script and 4 others like this.
  17. strafer KitKat Feb 6, 2019

strafer, Feb 6, 2019 :
    Hello @hennes,
    thank you for mentioning me! :)
    Your idea is really good but hard to realize. I tested so many apps which were named compression tools, there are compression features from Google, Facebook, OnePlus - but most of them are very far away from YaImCo quality. OnePlus community app compression feature definitely is very far away.
    You might think it's easy to code a good compression feature (I remember how extremely fast you made first YaImCo Beta version! ) but obviously it's not. If they weren't able yesterday, why they should tomorrow?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019

TibiTibi, otto2, cdnfarmer and 3 others like this.
  18. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Feb 6, 2019

dsmonteiro, Feb 6, 2019 :
    How would you integrate it, though?

Sketches are meant for that, to show how to integrate it.

(Just a friendly nudge to make a worthy entry even better... ;) )

hennes, otto2, script and 2 others like this.
  19. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop Feb 6, 2019

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, Feb 6, 2019 :
    Assuming Android will also adopt HEIC/ HEVC format, how much more will this app be able to compress images and videos?

hennes and otto2 like this.
  20. cdnfarmer Jelly Bean Feb 6, 2019

cdnfarmer, Feb 6, 2019 :
    @hennes I agree and I'm sooooo glad that you proposed this integration idea.

Honestly, @David Y. this is the far best idea I can think that would improve OOS. YaImCo is amazing compression app. Huge files can be compressed with very little to no changes or very little changes. It is superior to other apps out there. Personally I have seen such amazing results using this app. Integrating it with OOS and the community app would definitely enhance the value of the Community app.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019

Kalle81, hennes, woSch and 3 others like this.