#PMChallenge Cancel next alarm

1. richardbloomfield
    Donut Feb 4, 2019

richardbloomfield , Feb 4, 2019 :
    Who are the users?
    Tomorrow may be a vacation day or a public holiday, and you fancy a lie-in. Or you might not have slept so good the night before, and need to sleep late. Wouldn't it be great if you could go into your Alarms on your mobile phone and cancel the next occurrence of your alarm. Of course, you can turn off your alarm, but then you need to remember to turn it on again for the day after. And what happens if you forget to turn it back on?

What is the proposed function?
    In the Alarms section of the Clock app you can see a list of upcoming alarms, and select to cancel one or more upcoming alarm instances. As an extension to this, maybe allow users to click on upcoming alarms and have them push it back an hour. Or set it to be super-early so they don't miss their flight.

What is the user value?
    You can create variances in your alarms to suit your changing wake-up times without upsetting the regular alarm schedule. This creates increased convenience for users - understanding that their wake up times can vary from day to day.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    I can't find any alarm or clock apps in the Google Play store that support this feature. There are apps that vary the alarm time based on the weather outside (you're going to need time to de-ice the car) or based on your sleep pattern - but none that allow the user to alter their own alarm pattern.

[​IMG]

2. Betonistu
    Eclair Feb 5, 2019

Betonistu , Feb 5, 2019 :
    I like this idea, with a particular mention: maybe the alarm can be integrated with the calendar. This way, it should "know" if tomorrow is vacation and i don't need to wake up for work or if I'll have to wake up earlier for going to airport.

3. Moin2200
    KitKat Feb 5, 2019

Moin2200 , Feb 5, 2019 :
    Why not just put a widget outside to your home screen and control from there?