#PMChallenge Clock Showing Events from Calendar

1. M457ERM1ND
    Donut Feb 9, 2019

M457ERM1ND , Feb 9, 2019 :
    Ambient display and lock screen add-on

New Clock Style

(previews of options in lock screen and ambient display)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The operating mechanism of this feature is, said simply, a clock that reads calendar and shows upcoming events.

It shows the upcoming events in a circle of the clock so you can easily track your very near future.

Would maybe be nice to be able to make it open the calendar app when tapped on.

So let's get to your questions...

Who are the users? A big part of them is the people who prefer analog clock. Also you can remember the time shown better in picture than in numbers. Usually people look at their phone several times till they realize what time it actually is showing. Also users having a full calendar needing to manage their time sharply will appreciate this feature. All OnePlus users could be able to have this feature in their phone, because it doesn't require any specific hardware. So, that's the users.

What is the proposed function? New clock style cooperating with the calendar app.

What is the user value? Nicely styled clock showing upcoming events in color from calendar.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior? I’ve seen some apps similar to my idea but I don’t think it’s actually integrated in a system lock screen or an AOD.

Be sure to:
    -Explain the logic behind this product and how you want it to be implemented.
    It would be basically analog clock, as we already have in OxygenOS but there will be events colors shown in the circle around the clock hands, while you’ll have to options of the clock style. 1st - classic (12h format): the hour hand points at a AM/PM bubble ; 2nd - numbered (24 format): the clock shows the main 4 hour numbers (also in 24h format) and the numbers of the quarter of the clock the time actuall goes through ; while both of the style options have a date and month bubble which divides the clock circle into the space revealing upcoming events and the space showing the recent events from last 3 hours on the other side. So it basically moves 3 hours behind the hour hand.
    -Include directions and details via diagram sketches. Draw each screen and show the flow from screen to screen. (See the design principles post if you’d like an example.) Sorry but really I don't understand this... I have put pictures above.

We will use the following questions to scrutinize your pitch:
    From the Product department – does it contribute to a burdenless experience?
    Yeah, i think it gives people a little more access into their time managment.
    From the developers - how will different parts of the existing OS interact with this new feature? I think it could be implemented just as another clock style, so the only interaction elsewhere is making it read the calendar.
    From UX Design – what will the user experience be like? Does the current flow result in the optimal user journey? I can definetely imagine getting used to using a feature like this on my phone.

I post threads each time I come up with something that could improve the OS.
    If you have any questions about this idea, hit me up in the comments.

OceaneSxm and Ruby G. like this.
  2. OceaneSxm
    Jelly Bean Mar 2, 2019

M457ERM1ND likes this.