#PMChallenge - Connect your OnePlus phone and PC

1. NvDinteren
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2019

NvDinteren , Feb 18, 2019 :
    Who are the users?
    All people who use a PC or Mac, next to their OnePlus phone.

What is the proposed function?
    Do you know the problem: you have some text, a link or an image on your phone and you want to have it on your PC? How do you get it on your second device? An option is to send it to yourself by mail for example…

It’s a problem I have multiple times a week:
    • I’m surfing the web on my PC, but I want to open the specific internet-page on my phone.
    • I made a picture with my phone and want to add it in a document on my PC, how do I open it on my PC? Thanks to Google Photos I can go to the internet and download the picture, but I think it could be easier.
    • I wrote a Word-File on my phone and want to edit on my PC. Do I have to upload it first to a cloud-service? There has to be a quicker way.
    We got multiple devices and I think they could be working better together. My idea is to create a function/program to synchronize different kind of data, let’s call it Connect+

1. Notifications
    We got a lot of notifications on our mobile, why not get them on our PC? It would be helpful if we could choose which apps have to authority to send us notifications on our PC. It would be even better if we could react on the notifications!
    NvD - Notification.png

2. Notification Center
    But we cannot always read and react immediately. Thats why we have a notification center:
    NvD - Notification center.png
    The notification center shows all the messages from different apps. It’s important that we can choose which apps can send messages to our PC. This is possible to decide in Settings.

3. Synchronize the Gallery of your OnePlus phone.
    I think it would be great to synchronize the images of your phone. You can select an image and drag it into a document or map on your PC. An extra option is to open your camera on your phone.
    NvD - Gallery.png

4. Recent items
    We already have an option to open “Recent Apps” on our phone. But would it not be great to have it on your PC too? It’s not possible to open each app on your PC, but there are some ‘apps’ which are possible to open, for example Word or Chrome. But what do you think about Netflix? It’s an app, but we can use the website of Netflix on our PC.
    NvD - Recent items.png

5. Calls
    Another idea is to make it possible to answer calls on your PC. The app on our PC could show the caller by notification and let us aswer on the PC. Another option is calling people via the PC. Just search by name or number or scroll through your friends-list, which is synchronized from your phone.
    NvD - Telephone.png

6. Send files to another device
    How great would it be to send a file to another device by just two or three clicks? There are multiple ways to do. You could send the file via the app. When you select the icon next to the Phone, the following screen would open:
    NvD - FileDrop.png

You can drag the desired file into it or select ‘Search’. Finder will open and you can search for the desired file. Another option is to right-click on the file in your Finder and select: Share > Connect+.

You can also send files or images from your OnePlus to your PC. You only have to select the file and when Connect+ is installed on your PC, it will be shown automatically between your options:
    NvD - OnePlus Share.png

7. Settings
    Another function which can be activated of deactivated is universal copy and paste. Copy your link or text on your device and paste it on you other device.

You also have the possibility to select which apps may send you notifications on your PC.

What is the user value?
    Thanks to Connect+ devices work better together. It helps users to work quicker and easier on multiple devices. It creates a better user experience.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?

Let’s be honest: the functions are not totally new. I got my inspiration from different apps and companies, such as PushBullet and Apple. But there is a difference. PushBullet only has a few of the options and has a different focus. Apple has a closed eco-system, so if you want to use the functions, you need different Apple devices.

Connect+ makes the difference for OnePlus users to connect PC’s from other brands and give their users to enjoy their OnePlus experience, even when they are not using their phone directly.

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019

2. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Feb 18, 2019

Madnezz4Ever , Feb 18, 2019 :
    You can already transfer files between your phone and PC and you can use already existing apps to put your phone screen on your PC such as teamspeak.

Papleshh likes this.