#PMChallenge | Connected users (dual SIM)

1. Niemandhatmichgesehn Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

Niemandhatmichgesehn, Feb 12, 2019 :
    Hello Team, hello Community!

First of all: I'm new here, so could anyone move this thread to the Tech-forum (#PMChallenge)?
    Second:

My first proposal for the #PMChallenge: better user experience and usability for the dual SIM feature / phone user feature.

Who are the users?
    Especially everyone who uses two SIM cards in his or her OnePlus, so I guess mostly (business) people who use it as a work phone and as a private phone at the same time.

What is the proposed function?
    The proposed function is a clean separation of data related to each of the SIM cards / each of the users: e.g. the "private" and the "work" one. Contacts, media, calendar, messages etc. are attached to the active user profile, but the user profiles are still connected to each other, so if I'm logged in with my "work user" and I get an incoming call of one of the contacts in the "private user" profile, the contact data of the "private" phone book (e.g. name of the contact) is still shown, so the user immediately knows who is calling (profile names can be chosen and changed at any time). Same thing applies to notifications, messages, calendar data (notfications / events etc...) and so on. So if you are using the "private" user, you still can get informations from the "inactive" "work" user account and vice versa. This function can be activated / deactivated at any given time, in general or also for specific apps, e.g. only for calendar but not for phone calls.
    Also the SIM cards can be attached to a profile and be (de-) activated manually or depending on a schedule (e.g. work SIM only active monday to friday between 8:00 am to 4:00 pm).
    The processing time the phone needs to switch between users has to decrease rapidly to make this function interesting. Changing between users should be accessible by one "click", e.g. via an icon on the home screen.
    Specific new designs are not needed, design for any of the described funtions is already in use for other functions. If any at all, it's an easy accessible selection menu for the user with big icons (as said, best: option of an icon on the home screen).
    Also possible: Selection already on the lock screen: only two big areas on the screen, one for each user. Select, unlock. Alternative: unlock and access the last used profile.

upload_2019-2-12_23-1-30.png upload_2019-2-12_23-7-39.png

What is the user value?
    The user value is an easy accessible, usable and intuitive way of using one phone for two purposes but maintain a clean separation of data, contacs etc. This would increase usability especially for people who use one phone private and work related and don't want to mix these things up (e.g. keep work out at weekends or on holidays).

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    I actually can't answer this question but I'm not aware that this function exists (at least not in that way). In any case it would / should be absolutely easy, clean and fast and could increase market share of OnePlus and also make competitors lose market share because people won't buy a second phone (maybe one of a competitor).

Thanks for considering implementing this function and have a nice week!

Greetings from Germany!

inareshmatta likes this.