#PMChallenge CRT Effect

1. zmuuzi Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

zmuuzi, Feb 7, 2019 :
    Hi

CRT effect is one of the coolest things that Android had few years back. Now-a-days not even customs roms provide this anymore. When you close your phone now, you end up looking at your black screen. Boring Boring Boring.

Who are the users?

User are going to be all OnePlus user that would like to see something else than black screen after pressing phones shut down button. User that want to see & do something differently.

What is the proposed function?

Function would be that in display setting a new dialogue would exists called: CRT Effect.

There user starts by selecting option: Turn On Phone CRT or Shut Down Phone CRT. Then user has a selection of CRT effect designed by the genius team of OnePlus and me :) and finally choose the speed how fast effect works. User can also have option to put own text, photo or next calendar events as CRT.

Unfortunately I do not know how to create these animations into this presentation due to lack of competence in graphics design ;) so please accept my humble apologizes by asking to follow a link CRT effect example from

What is the user value?

None whatsoever :) BUT many “basic” users might not change the default CRT effect that would be OnePlus logo disappearing like the CRT effect example from above or even something cooler; like you startup CRT vs. Users last view of his / her phone would be OnePlus. Currently your brand name is not visible in front of the phone, but now it would be :)

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?

Not currently in default OS versions. Maybe some customs Roms might have something like this, but…

Ruby G. and Loveit like this.
  2. Loveit Jelly Bean Feb 7, 2019

Loveit, Feb 7, 2019 :
    I do quite like that effect. Yes from me.

3. FaleshC KitKat Feb 8, 2019

FaleshC, Feb 8, 2019 :
    it actually doesn't provide anything useful just an unnoticeable cosmetic effect which i am sure many users will ignore.
    a simple fade effect is better if you ask me.

RandomUserOne likes this.
  4. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop Feb 8, 2019

5. Y1547038760391 Cupcake Feb 8, 2019

Y1547038760391, Feb 8, 2019 :
    Hi, Team....

OnePlus is a brilliant phone and overpasses each and every phone in speed. It lacks in only one thing, its audio quality.
    If you can provide DOLBY in next phone that would really be a great move by you. As far as I know its well within your reach and you can do this. Please look forward to it. It will change everything if you provide this feature in future updates.

Regards,
    Birendra