#PMChallenge - Dedicated Audio Tuner App

1. Hexxiteqqit
    Donut Feb 20, 2019

Hexxiteqqit , Feb 20, 2019 :
    Dedicated Audio Tuner App (Details Below)

[​IMG]
    Rough sketch of proposed functions

[​IMG]

Digital mockup of the main screen

Preface
    For a while now I've found myself constantly changing audio settings depending on the type of music I'm listening to, as well as the device I'm using. Having to dive into the Settings app every time I want to change audio presets or connect to a different device has gotten cumbersome and I believe I have the solution: a dedicated Audio Tuner app.

Who are the users?
    The majority of people who own smartphones also use them for listening to music. This feature is for the users who crave a more intuitive way to edit audio settings.

What is the proposed function?
    To simplify and consolidate frequently used audio control features, such as the device menu, equalizer, volume settings, etc.

What is the user value?
    The most valuable part of this idea is easy accessibility. No more multiple taps and swipes to find the

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    Most smartphones handle this type of function the same way by burying them in the Settings app. My proposed feature is superior because it dedicates the best ways to control audio to a single app. There are many third-party equalizers in the Google Play store, but most, if not all of them fail at providing lasting reliability and customization.

My process
    I believe OxygenOS is best recognized for its design. While creating this, I was inspired by the design of the Gallery app. The way that the menu buttons were placed at the bottom made more sense, and I wanted to mimic that in my design. I only digitally designed the main "Devices" page because I think it's the most important part of the whole design and I wanted to see how it might compliment the OnePlus 6T's design. I would really like an effects panel as described in my sketch because after owning a Galaxy S8 and using the concert hall effect, I've been trying to find a way to replicate that function on my 6T, but to no avail.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019

andre.erb and dsmonteiro like this.
  2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Feb 23, 2019

dsmonteiro , Feb 23, 2019 :
    Hi there,

Both your images are not showing. You should try uploading them to other site (like imgur) or checking the sharing permissions on the one you used (I assume Google Photos).

Aashika_ likes this.
  3. Hexxiteqqit
    Donut Feb 23, 2019

Hexxiteqqit , Feb 23, 2019 :
    Got it will do. Thanks.

dsmonteiro likes this.