#PMChallenge - Deep Dive into the process

1. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 16, 2019

Its.Leandroo , Jul 16, 2019 :
    [​IMG]

Hi friends,

You might remember me as the winner of the #PMChallenge back in March of this year. Since then, my life has made quite a turn. I have been working hard on refining my submission, gathering feedback from users and implementing that in my designs.

A few weeks after the announcement, they invited me to travel to Shenzhen for a face-to-face meeting with the OxygenOS team. Being in Shenzhen was no doubt my best experience so far. The entirely different culture, people and way of transport was quite eye-opening. I found it really sad that I had to leave, and I already miss being there.

Let’s fast forward to the day of the meeting. It was scheduled to last about 2.5 hours, but there was so much to cover that it ultimately took over 5 hours in total. Not surprising, given that there were 480 designs to talk about, as well as many features.

The OxygenOS team welcomed me when I arrived at the meeting room. I was surprised to see that around 20 people were in the room, waiting for me to give my presentation. First, David C. gave a presentation about the vision and history of design embraced by OnePlus throughout the years, as well as what they have in mind for the future. He went into detail about what exactly the important keywords are for design and the changes made over the years to OxygenOS.

[​IMG]

Once his presentation was finished, we took a little break to let me ask questions about everything mentioned so far. Then, it was time for me to start my presentation and to show all features and designs to the Oxygen OS team. I had organized the presentation in the following sections: Design Trends, Great Additions, Launcher, System and Camera. Of course, putting 480 images in a PowerPoint isn’t a great idea, so an in-depth tour of all designs was done after the PowerPoint ended.

Unlike my initial submission, every part of OxygenOS is redesigned and refined for this presentation with a focus on consistency and readability. One of the other main points is customizability, without making it complicated to use your phone. Everything should be fast and easy to use.

[​IMG]

While presenting, I got feedback and comments on the designs and features presented on the screen, which was really helpful to get an indication of what is possible to implement. Of course, not everything I had in mind is possible, but that is a risk I took when designing all of it. With a meeting that took over 5 hours (not surprising, as discussing every little detail takes time), I was happy to see that everyone was still awake.

[​IMG]

Some of you might remember the Launcher Survey held recently. It was also part of the process to gather feedback on specific features related to the launcher. I was amazed by the fact that it had almost 3.000 responses. You can see some of the results here.

All features will be discussed internally whether they are going to be implemented, so I won’t be able to confirm or deny anything. I can say that some changes and features are not possible due to legal requirements or technical difficulties, however.

Just like with my initial submission, I have created a website for you to look at all designs. If you have any feedback, please leave it in the comments below. Please note that the images are quite big, and can have quite a hit on your data usage.

Thanks again to the team for making this trip and experience possible. It’s been an awesome time in Shenzhen, keep up the good work!

Never Settle.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019

2. salogemann
    Eclair Jul 16, 2019

salogemann , Jul 16, 2019 :
    Great designs and a great post! Looking forward to see your designs on my phone!
    #neversettle

3. JustPlayingHard
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2019

JustPlayingHard , Jul 16, 2019 :
    I'm loving it, Leandro. I'm glad that OnePlus picked you as the winner of the #PMChallenege and it's great to know that OOS10 is going to look great!

4. sechinov
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2019

AlinkeelPraveen and Its.Leandroo like this.
  5. amanps
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2019

amanps , Jul 16, 2019 :
    Future oxygen os is looking great and please implement this all feature. As to older devices also

6. K1ngP1n

K1ngP1n , Jul 16, 2019 :
    Please told them not to add bloatware in OOS, and if possible don't make different OOS for Indian users, I don't like what coming in future with the Oxygen OS.

Btw you really doing great job, when you won I thought you just coloring the OS but it's not looks like that now ;)

7. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Jul 16, 2019

8. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Jul 16, 2019

9. JalananFreak
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2019

10. script
    Nougat Moderator Jul 16, 2019

script , Jul 16, 2019 :
    Congratulations again, Leandro. Seems your work and passion match with OnePlus. That is very cool.

11. Akhshay Srinivasan
    Nougat Jul 16, 2019

Akhshay Srinivasan , Jul 16, 2019 :
    Excellent reviewer and kudos to your initiatives. Loved your website creation whilst scrolling through it. Thanks for your effortless style and creative ideas.

Let's keep exploring guys !

# Never Settle !

P.S. : Gallery app and messenger requires UI designs. Please see through it.

12. Dresa91
    Android Q Jul 16, 2019

13. the_o2
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2019

the_o2 , Jul 16, 2019 :
    Love your passion and efforts Man :):)

14. manuel19
    KitKat Jul 16, 2019

manuel19 , Jul 16, 2019 :
    Thank you for your amazing work and time! Also for keeping us up to date with what is happening in the background! :) I really appreciate it, love your designs and can't wait to try it out when implemented! :D
    Keep up the great work and Never Settle! ;)

15. YRJ
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2019

YRJ , Jul 16, 2019 :
    Your effort and attention to the finest details clearly shows, Leandroo! I wish you the best with this project.
    More power to you :)

16. srinivas0301

17. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 16, 2019

18. Dresa91
    Android Q Jul 16, 2019

19. Demon_hunter
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2019

Demon_hunter , Jul 16, 2019 :
    Wonderful job..Your dedication to your work is very much evident here ..Kudos to you and whole oxygen OS team

20. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jul 16, 2019

AnonymousWP , Jul 16, 2019 :
    Looks great, mate! Looking forward to see those changes being implemented!