#PMChallenge - Deep Dive into the process

1. DogeAlpha
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2019

DogeAlpha , Aug 3, 2019 :
    @Its.Leandroo I took a look at your website where you have posted all the designs and I'd like to address some things that I don't personally like (other than these, I really love what you've done to the overall user experience and I really hope most of it makes it our devices)
    So, these are all the small things I didn't quite like
    1. Notification panel: I don't like the fact that there is no shortcut for the settings app and that you have to make an additional swipe to see the shortcut.
    2. Quick settings. Having a 3x3 grid on such big devices feels like a waste of space. I really liked the 3 rows by 4 columns design that we already had (I really wished for 5x3 design). That being said, could you add a grid option for quick settings, just like you did to the launcher and folders?
    Adaptive brightness toggle is now missing. I don't want a tile for it, I don't want to go to display settings to toggle it, just let it sit at the end of the brightness slider like it already does.
    3. Recent apps. Please don't tell me that I have to swipe all the way to the oldest app for that clear all button. Can't you just put it somewhere in the top right corner since there's obviously no more space on the bottom?
    4. Volume slider. I can't possibly be the only person on earth that actually used the media output button to switch between speaker and BL headset/speaker. Really wish you could add it back there.

Apart from these small things I absolutely love what you created. I hope you see some reason in my objections but as I said, they are small things, I could live without them.

Diegoeo99 and Its.Leandroo like this.
  2. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 3, 2019

Its.Leandroo , Aug 3, 2019 :
    Hi there! Thank you for the feedback. Let me answer your concerns one by one:

1. This is indeed something that I didn't include in the designs, but you can see the new approach in the Developer Preview 3 for the OnePlus 6, 6T, 7 and 7 Pro

2. All of the designs are based on a developer preview, which means that certain features are not present. The 4x3 grid will stay like it is now, and the adaptive brightness toggle will also be there.

Regarding the option to change the grid, I'll take a note of it.

3. The removal has been done on purpose, to discourage users to clear all apps. Clearing apps (and thereby force closing them) has a negative effect on power consumption and reduced battery life.

4. In Android Q, the settings icon will open a popup card with more settings regarding volume, including choosing between output devices. This means that the amount of taps needed to change output devices will still be the same.

Keep in mind that none of the designs are a final version, and improvements will always be made behind the scenes.

Diegoeo99 and DogeAlpha like this.