#PMChallenge - Deep Lock App

1. LucasKellermann Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

LucasKellermann, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Hi everyone!

This feature is very very simple, but huge useful.
    I know that, as myself, a lot of people use their OP for work, and it works very well since OP has a great performance.
    But there is one feature present in computers that I miss in smartphones... In computers I close an application wherever I want and only when I want. Unfortunately Android kills automatically apps as needed. But that's what my feature suggestion is about: a Deep Lock to prevent one App (just one would be enough) from being closed by the system. That would be soooooo useful. Really!

Who are the users?
    Everyone, but mainly hard users.

What is the proposed function?
    Preventing one App from being closed by the system, also background process will be not closed or stopped.

What is the user value?

This feature could improve user productivity, there are so many profissional Apps, used for work, that are used constantly, not just few moments. Think about an user leaving and App opened for an entire day or even a week, without never being closed.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    Never seen it before in any smartphone.

Explain the logic behind this product and how you want it to be implemented
    Activating this feature must be easy and quickly. I think that in Multitasking Screen, there could be this option, to Deep Lock an opened App. Very simple, and can be implemented in any OP generation.

Include directions and details via diagram sketches. Draw each screen and show the flow from screen to screen.
    Here goes my sketch:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://imgur.com/q97DpSL

We will use the following questions to scrutinize your pitch:
    From the Product department – does it contribute to a burdenless experience?
    No.
    From the developers - how will different parts of the existing OS interact with this new feature?
    I don't really believe this feature will interact with many OS parts, it is specifically about multitasking and how Android manage apps.
    From UX Design – what will the user experience be like? Does the current flow result in the optimal user journey?
    Well, I really believe this feature would be useful for almost everyone. Productivity still one of the most important things nowadays.

Thanks for the attention!
    Cheers!
    ------------------
    Lucas Kellermann - Brasil

Crystal Z. and dsmonteiro like this.
  2. Json_03 Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

Json_03, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Hey, I'm not entirely sure but Isn't that exactly what we already have?( I think it is even implemented in stock android, not sure though).

Correct me if I'm wrong but this seems like the little padlock we can add in order to well. Prevent the app from being closed.
    Screenshot_20190205-215618.jpg

3. CASyHD Eclair Feb 5, 2019

CASyHD, Feb 5, 2019 :
    it is already implemented kinda, also every important and well programmed app that needs to stay open has something implemented for this, so no need.here

4. Trav1sty Gingerbread Feb 5, 2019

Trav1sty, Feb 5, 2019 :
    It doesn't fully work. it's been documented numerous times where the OP memory management settings will still kill apps that are both locked and have the battery management set to not optimized.