#PMChallenge different lock for different profiles

1. dhiraj Donut Feb 10, 2019

dhiraj, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Q: Who are the users?
    Ans: OnePlus's Users (More specifically OxygenOS users).

Q: What is the proposed function?
    Ans: The proposed function is to have different patterns/fingerprint lock for different profile/users.
    There are different scenarios where you want to have your public and private life different (e.g You have been to family/office/college function where you clicked lots of video and pics) Now you are in any of those places and people want to see the clicked photos/videos of the function's day.If you just handover the phone they might accidentally see your private pics.Instead if we have a profile for office that through particular pattern if opens a office profile you need not to worry.No doubt we could make separate folder all together but it's just one scenario.If other person is just looking at a photo and you receive a messaging app notification which is private but he can read it as it just poped in front of his/her eyes.So if from lock-screen itself if we can open a different account it would be of great use.Moreover we can set different fingerprint for different account so no other user can infiltrate in any other profile.While one profile would be administrator profile similar to windows.If advertised well it can be useful as most people don't know that you can unlock phone without pattern for emergency call it can sold as use a predefined guest pattern to call emergency number during distress during advertising.
    IMG_20190210_194928[1].jpg
    Other thing that can be done is if a person is at designated place which can be identified either through GPS or wifi/bluetooth it is connected to open a predesigned profile at that place.

Q: What is the user value?
    Ans: If you want to handover your phone to someone or if asked for pattern/password for unlocking phone we can just use different lock and the one asking would not either feel bad nor would be able to access your personal files.

Q: If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    Ans:I saw it somewhere but not able to recall .

Caution:One profile cannot delete/write/read any info of other profile through any means and no notification of other user/profile must be received by any other user.
    PS: Please bring the headphone jack BACK!!!!!!!!!!

2. vijithvenganoor Donut Feb 16, 2019

dhiraj likes this.
  3. Papleshh Eclair Feb 17, 2019

Papleshh, Feb 17, 2019 :
    It's called users, windows maybe??
    Many custom roms have this feature. Good effort, though

dhiraj likes this.
  4. dhiraj Donut Feb 17, 2019

dhiraj, Feb 17, 2019 :
    Its there in windows that i know but windows is dead for phone so of no use in mobile market as far as custom roms are considered i am not able to find any rom which gives it inherently I am currently using resurrection remix and earlier used cyanogen and hey didn't have it if you know any then please do tell me because earlier i used an app but it was discontinued.

5. Papleshh Eclair Feb 18, 2019

Papleshh, Feb 18, 2019 :
    CyanogenMod has it so does AOSP based roms

dhiraj likes this.
  6. dhiraj Donut Feb 19, 2019

dhiraj, Feb 19, 2019 :
    Well if you are talking about different profiles/users then yes but for that we need to go in one profile/user switch to another profile/user and then need to use that profiles password .What i am suggesting is from lock screen only according to password entered profile/users must be changed. If I were to talk in database way the query should be like ' select user from table where password is ******** ' and if any user is there with that password then open that profile/user.I was not able to find it in CyanogenMod the last i used was Cyanogen for Marshmallow for oneplus one and didn't found in it if t=it was included in later versions then I am unaware.If you know any rom for it the please give me link THANKS!