#PMChallenge | Dual Bluetooth audio

1. Rensdebee Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

Rensdebee, Feb 9, 2019 :
    #PMChallenge | Dual Bluetooth audio

This is a highly requested function, I have seen forum post from user with Oneplus 5ts requesting this functions, and since there is no real forum post about this function I thought would make it myself.

So what is dual Bluetooth audio? Bluetooth has been around for many years, and with the release of the new Bluetooth 5.0 standard it enabled higher data speed and capacity. This makes it possible to connect for example to Bluetooth speakers and play songs at the same time. Bluetooth 5.0 hardware is already integrated with the Oneplus 5/5t/6/6t so this function would even work with older phones.

Why is it necessary that this function is integrated? This is a great feature if you are for example at a party and have two or maybe even more Bluetooth speakers. You could play music simultaneously out of two speakers which means the volume is doubled. Or you could place one speaker in the kitchen and one in the living room and have music in your hole house. However, this is not all. Bluetooth headphone user can also benefit from this function. If you and your friend both have Bluetooth headphones you can listen to music in the bus, airplane or train at the same time without irritating other passengers. Audiophiles will love this!
    Of course such a function already exist with other phones, but I think it is important to make it a industry standard. Oneplus could make this different and could and add a delay function so that you could make sure that your music is playing in sync.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Alex Rossow Donut Feb 10, 2019

Alex Rossow, Feb 10, 2019 :
    I loved this feature on my S9 and it'd be awesome to see it on OnePlus devices too. Great Idea.

HarshitNanda and Rensdebee like this.
  3. SM26 Cupcake Feb 13, 2019

SM26, Feb 13, 2019 :
    I think that if OnePlus will implement this , I would 100% switch to OnePlus.

I would like to add to what Rensdebee said:
    For those of us who has BT 5.0, we should be able to transmit to 2 BT audio outputs at the same time.
    Samsung has done it for: S8,S8+,Note8,Tab S4. S9,S9+,Note9.
    After some research on my part, I've found out that they did their own implementation of it.
    so we can't copy it... (or can we?)

LG V30 & HTC U11 might have it as well, but I'm unsure.
    ZTE AXON M also has BT dual audio, but it's undocumented as far as I can see.

Android 9 Pie should support up to 5 devices at the same time:
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/...cted-simultaneously-via-new-developer-option/

And from what I can tell, there is also an app that let you dual stream music over BT:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bose.monet&hl=en_US

Who are the users?
    Everyone with more than one audio BT output.
    want to go to a run outside with friends, and listen to the same music?
    it's 2019, we only need one phone for this.
    What is the proposed function?
    To enable the end user get the most out of BT 5.0.
    What is the user value?
    never settle (for only 1 BT audio output).
    If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    Yes, Samsung has made their own BT implementation for this, and also ZTE.
    With android Pie been supportive for up to 5 outputs, why put the limit on just 2?
    From the Product department – does it contribute to a burdenless experience?
    It's an extension of the BT capabilities, when you can add devices instead of choosing.
    From the developers - how will different parts of the existing OS interact with this new feature?
    Normally.
    If you don't need it, just don't use it.
    But if you need it, just add another device without disconnecting the first
    From UX Design – what will the user experience be like? Does the current flow result in the optimal user journey?
    UX should remain the same for the most part.
    When you add a second BT connection, prompt a box with a question: "disconnect and replace the active BT connection, or multi audio stream?"
    As simple as that!

Alex Rossow and Rensdebee like this.
  4. HarshitNanda Froyo Feb 13, 2019

HarshitNanda, Feb 13, 2019 :
    I need this update. OnePlus please add this one in your list. Helps to watch videos when 2-3 people have Bluetooth headphones, without Sharing any buds.

Rensdebee likes this.