#PMChallenge entries rolling thread

1. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Feb 5, 2019

dsmonteiro, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Hi there,

As mentioned above:

Also @An0nym3, I'd like to point out that the contest is about Oxygen OS features (as in software), rather than about hardware.

2. santohere2002 Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

3. Y1545845436325 Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

Y1545845436325, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Lift to face ID.
    - Who are the users?
    Everyone who wants to use and unlock the phone faster, just by lifting it.
    - What is the proposed function?
    Lift to face ID.
    Currently, the phone knows when it is lifted - we get to a dimmed screen.
    If I double tap, or press the power button, the 'face unlock' starts kicking in - it unlocks me in no time.
    However, if it could do that without me having to press either power or tap on the screen, that would be truly awesome and very impressive. I am not aware of any competitor of OP that has that feature, I presume because of non trivial technical implementation.
    - What is the user value?
    Faster unlock speeds, lighting-quick feedback from the device whenever you want to use it. Transfering something you quickly though of to a set of actions, in a breeze. Also, it would be very impressive when you see a phone reacting so quickly from a cold lift from an office desk/table. Imagine the slogan - 'Always ready.'
    - How it interacts with other parts of the OS?
    - Potential battery drain: Using cameras on any phone movement is expensive. This needs to be shielded by 'Pocket mode' and some kind of 'lift' detection, and definitely not happen on any movement. Any other kind of 'fast rejection' techniques also need to be in place for this to be good. It could be tricky to perfect and it would be devastating if this drains the battery while you ride a bike, for example.
    - I hear new Android is coming with a standartised face id mechanism soon and this needs to be checked out to evaluate how it can be leveraged and whether this is counter to the ideas of the upcoming face id.
    - Explain the logic behind this product:

- The face ID is very reliable and working absolutely great in any kind of conditions where light is present. I prefer it to fingerprint sensor and hardly use the fingerprint at all, because of it. It is already something solid, that can be built upon and if delivered properly, would make for a delightful everyday use of the phone.

4. Horuhin_Web Donut Feb 5, 2019

5. kunal4 Froyo Feb 5, 2019

kunal4, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Hi, @dsmonteiro, I've edited to add a sample screen, which would be similar to an iPhone's screen time / Digital Wellbeing.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  6. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Feb 5, 2019

As explained here and in the official contest thread: you need to create your own thread.

7. arunkshrestha Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

8. roby31500 Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

roby31500, Feb 5, 2019 :
    pouvoir ouvrir toutes les applications a la voies ex dire ouvrir les sms dictées un message l envoyé a fermée tous cela rien que par la voie simple bon pour les malentendants et les malvoyants

9. G_Henryluyu_ODHv Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019

10. wladbig Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

11. J_OLIVER Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

J_OLIVER, Feb 5, 2019 :
    #PMChallenge - Everyone uses the vibrate and silent slider but what if someone REALLY needs to get hold of you?? what about the option a setting to allow calls to ring through even if your phone is set to these settings if the same person rings you twice, or even three times within 5 minutes??? i think there are apps that allow you set this but feels like it should be an integral part of the 'system'??

12. Manumr1978 Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

13. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Feb 5, 2019

As I already wrote here and in the official thread, you need to create a new thread in Starting Point and then someone will move it to the correct category.

14. leolxu Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

15. GulyxneSE Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

GulyxneSE, Feb 5, 2019 :
    #PMChallenge - Dual login

Who are the users?
    Users running more than one SIM.

What is the proposed function?
    Separate login to the phone depending on SIM.

What is the user value?
    This way your phone becomes two separate phones one for work and one for private.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    There are some phones that has possibility of user accounts. But not in parallel.

So how to implement, well there are several ways. But I propose that from the lockscreen you swipe either the top or the bottom part of the screen or left or right. The is launch the selected session to full power and lower the secondary in powersave (but with notification for communication flagged as priority). The reason to have one session power low but not off is to save power and minimize disruption.
    To make things even more useful you can schedule hours where work has priority and outside work hours switch the roles.
    If integrated as a separate account work part can become fully enrolled with intune while the private user stay the way it is.
    Even more virtual sessions limited to WiFi only could be added for minors that want to borrow the phone for mobile games or other things. Parental controls to limit what settings that colud be changed or that session and it's allocated resources. This is the basics got many more ideas but this is a start.

/Anders

16. Gagan760 Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

Gagan760, Feb 5, 2019 :
    *Enable dual Bluetooth streaming (some phones already have this)
    *A better audio equaliser
    *Bring the headphone jack back
    *Add wireless charging
    *A memory card slot maybe?

17. Manas Saha Honeycomb Feb 5, 2019

18. pasztorlaszlo Eclair Feb 5, 2019

19. haltin_mrzq Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

20. iTayGNR Eclair Feb 5, 2019