#PMChallenge entries rolling thread

1. Avental Donut Feb 6, 2019

Avental, Feb 6, 2019 :
    I had the same problem, made a thread under the starting point section, then it got moved under the tech thread by some expert.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019

dsmonteiro likes this.
  2. G_Suraj_Parui_tlzZ Eclair Feb 6, 2019

meatandy likes this.
  3. Greywolf Eclair Feb 7, 2019

4. khmak3 Gingerbread Feb 7, 2019

5. kollu.ramesh Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

kollu.ramesh, Feb 7, 2019 :
    #PMChallenge - Colne/Twin Apps and split screen Feature

Who are the users?
    All the users of Oneplus will be looking for these features.
    What is the proposed function?
    Its Clone/Twin apps and split screen feature. Two whats app applications for who will be using dual sims. Two facebook applications and etc. Users can use by cloning the applications. With split screen, they will be able to access 2 apps at once.
    What is the user value?
    Users can be able to use 2 whats app applications, as they normally use dual sims in the mobile. Nowadays people want to interact with personal and social people differently on Facebook for privacy. They will be able to create clone apps and they can use them. Just imagine a user is able to split the screen and use cloned apps at a time. it will be awesome.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    In OXYZEN OS we have a lot of features. But it lacks clone/dual apps and also the split screen feature. It will be a very nice feature and the users will WOW by looking at these features. They can be able to run multiple applications at a time by splitting the screen. They can be able to work parallel on apps.

Here are some images for the reference.

Clone Apps:
    View attachment 968967

[​IMG]

Split Screen:
    View attachment 968972

View attachment 968973

[​IMG]

6. rahul_kalidindi Froyo Feb 7, 2019

7. joel.elias.333 Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

meatandy likes this.
  8. uppermosteN Donut Feb 7, 2019

meatandy likes this.
  9. ZaulliK Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

ZaulliK, Feb 7, 2019 :
    Hey i explained the process via a quick scenario with a list and uploaded some images showing the way it should look. I didn't upload the images for the settings tho since there is only the need to add a single entry and i already explained where. Tell me if it sticks to the requirements now :D and thanks

10. laiosg Froyo Feb 7, 2019

laiosg, Feb 7, 2019 :
    I think this is already a thing. OnePlus's iteration of this is called "Parallel Apps".

11. Aeeeas Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

12. Kundan28 Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

13. G_Suraj_Parui_tlzZ Eclair Feb 7, 2019

14. DhruvMisra Donut Feb 7, 2019

15. Quaylectra Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

Quaylectra, Feb 7, 2019 :
    #PMChallenge

-Who are the users?
    ALL users will be impacted by this as it makes our lives so, so much simpler.

-What is the proposed function?
    My idea is having a better, more personal assistant to replace Google assistant. 'Call my phone'. This command will make your phone ring even when put on silent mode. If you can't find your phone in morning rush or otherwise, just use this function. The feature comes built in with OnePlus's new AI assistant, 'Breathe' . You can set different commands such as 'Wake up' and 'Call me' . It can do all the usual tasks such as sending texts, editing calenders and adding events, setting reminders, playing music, etc, in addition to a few Oxygen OS exclusive commands like 'Turn on gaming mode'. Breathe will replace Google assistant and integrate all the necessary features and more seamlessly into Oxygen OS. To use it, simply double tap the fingerprint sensor or say ' OK Breathe'.

-If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?

It's even easier to use than other assistants as it works the best with the OS and will deliver a speed no other assistant can.

-Explain the logic behind this product and how you want it to be implemented.

It's OnePlus's own AI assistant and will be the fastest due to the OS itself and the build. It's replacing Google assistant.

-Does it contribute to a burdenless experience?
    The users are getting a better, faster assistant which will do everything for them quicker than others.

-How will different parts of the existing OS interact with this new feature?
    The OS is built for speed and ease, and this will follow in its footsteps.

-What will the user experience be like? Does the current flow result in the optimal user journey?
    Users just have to double tap on the fingerprint sensor or say 'OK Breathe' and she wakes up, taking only a fraction of the screen which lets the user do other things while talking to her.

16. W1549526883181 Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

17. Anthony Truyen Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

meatandy likes this.
  18. Christos7681 Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

19. Rishi Kumar P S Donut Feb 7, 2019

meatandy likes this.
  20. FernandoRocker Donut Feb 7, 2019

meatandy likes this.