#PMChallenge Fully Immersed Mode

1. JenniferAlborez
    Cupcake Feb 13, 2019

JenniferAlborez , Feb 13, 2019 :
    Who are the users?
    Any Oneplus user, specially if they own a model with a notch
    What is the proposed function?
    To fully immerse the user when interacting with the UI and the screen. It will also take advantage of the screen's real state.
    What is the user value?
    The user will take advantage of the complete screen, it is a minimalistic approach to notifications. The user can also have an improved experience when reading, watching videos and playing games.
    If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    The comparable functions can be found on Paranoid Android ROM 7.3.1 for OnePlus phones. I believe my take is superior because notches and large screens have become a staple. OOS also has a function to take advantage of the screen with each individual app. However, this feature would be updated and baked into Oxygen OS to fully immerse the user experience without the hassle of digging into the menu settings of each app or the OOS setting.

I believe many OnePlus users would like to interact with their phones in a clean and minimalistic user interface ignoring distracting icons and notifications while using the home screen but available with a simple touch. It is also refreshing to use an operating system that takes advantage of all the screen when doing the simple day to day tasks on your phone. Attached you will find a diagram of how I picture it being implemented.

We will use the following questions to scrutinize your pitch:
    From the Product department – does it contribute to a burdenless experience? Yes it does. It does not create more unnecessary steps to implement or contribute to the experience.
    From the developers - how will different parts of the existing OS interact with this new feature? The home screen will need to hide the icons and notifications at the top of the screen. The notification shade will have a dedicated icon to activate or trigger this feature. Reading mode will need to be improved in order to use the FULL screen with the written word. Web browser might need to be adjusted in order to eliminate unnecessary information and take advantage of the full screen. YouTube and other video platforms will need to be automatically triggered with this feature to avoid pinch and zoom.
    From UX Design – what will the user experience be like? Does the current flow result in the optimal user journey? The user experience will be much improved being a fully immersed feature. I believe that it will result in a delightful user journey.

Attached Files:

• FMI.jpg
      FMI.jpg
      File size:
      731 KB
      Views: