#PMChallenge - Hotspot Connection Management

1. Kundan28
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

Kundan28 , Feb 7, 2019 :
    Who are the users?
    Everyone

What is the proposed function?
    Adding some more and useful functionalities in Portable hotspot section.

What is the user value?
    Much more accessibility and functionality while sharing data with others.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    Some smartphones in the market has the Data limit feature within Portable hotspot. My proposed feature is superior as Data limit feature is very useful but there should be a SPEED LIMIT feature, Balcklist feature that will give users functionality to block(add to blacklist) devices, and Max. users feature that will give functionality to select maximum number of devices that can be connected.

Explain the logic behind this product and how you want it to be implemented
    As I had conducted a survey of almost 300 people and most of them said they want Data limit and SPEED LIMIT feature within Portable hotspot section. I also want some more features to be added like Blacklist devices, Maximum number of devices that can be connected and a Wi-Fi tethering feature.
    The implementation of this can be done by adding a new section inside portable hotspot section named "Connection management" and inside connection management there will be things like Blacklist devices, maximum number of devices connected and data restriction settings. Inside "Data restriction" there would be two things named Speed(to limit speed) and Data(to limit data). Both of them will be a dropdown menu to select the speed and data user want. If the users don't want to limit any one or both of them then they can just select Unrestricted from the dropdown menu and the flow will be normal.
    This feature is very useful as when you want to save some data for some important work and someone ask you to turn on hotspot then you can just set the data limit.

Include directions and details via diagram sketches. Draw each screen and show the flow from screen to screen.
    I have attached the diagram of the feature I want to be added.
    OnePlus.png

Ruby G. and G_Arvind_Nair_WOdr like this.