#PMChallenge In-Screen Recorder (OneRec)

1. soham_bih Donut Feb 18, 2019

soham_bih, Feb 18, 2019 :
    Right now, in the smartphone world, mobile gaming is becoming more and more of a reality with hot games such as PUBG Mobile and the future release of Apex Legends capturing the attention of millions and millions. This provides an opportunity for talented young players to express themselves by posting their clips and gameplays on various platforms such as Twitch and YouTube but there is a barrier between them. There are only a few companies (Samsung and Apple) that have good recording softwares which gives the user no watermarks, 1080p resolution, and more. Having to pay $1000, young content creators are stuck having to deal with their videos not having good quality. Why not by an android phone and use a third party recording app? Well, for the users that have tried third party recording apps, the answer is simple. Using third party recording apps is just stupid and a terrible decision. Nearly all the recording apps have watermarks and to remove those watermarks, users have to pay for it. The resolution is also not the best. To top it off, you can't even record the internal audio because this is something that those screen recorder's available on play store couldn't do because of certain restrictions (HDCP Restriction to be specific). So the only quality option content creators have left to do is to spend a 1000 dollars for no reason.

This gave me the idea of how/why OnePlus should include a recording software in its OS. I decided to call it OneRec.

- Who are the users?

Practically everyone.

- What is the proposed function?

The function here is to be able to record the user's screen as well as simultaneously be able to record the in screen volume and the user's microphone. These features/functions should be included in order to make the experience smooth for the user.

Users can edit their recording settings by going to settings ----> screen recorder. From there, the user has the ability to enable or disable the function, configure their video quality (1080p60fps, 1080p30fps, 720p60fps, or 480p), time limit (1 hour, 45 minutes, 30 minutes, 15 minutes, 5 minutes, no limit, or custom), where files get stored (Downloads, Google Drive, or Dropbox), enabling/disabling internal audio, enabling/disabling Microphone Audio, and Delay Start (3 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds).

To access this feature, users can click on the icon in the drop down menu to start/stop recording. Upon enabling this function, the icon turns red to show its recording and users can view how long they have been recording by looking at the status bar. An LED light can also be enabled by the user to display if the recorder is on (User can customize the color). There can also be a gesture added to start recording when the user presses the increase volume and decrease volume buttons at the same time.

- What is the user value?

This software would help a majority of the community by being provided a trusted recorder as I have come to notice that people love to record and share content on our screens. Some examples include streaming mobile games, providing tutorials to other people, recording mobile games, or just bragging about something the user did.

- If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?

Gaming companies such as Razor and Asus as well as Samsung and Apple have good screen recorders. Other users that have phones from other brands have to use third party apps to find a sustainable recorder and android doesn't let these third party apps be able to record internal volume which sucks as sound is a big part of recording. My proposed feature is superior because it features some tweaks that the other companies don't use. This function can help OnePlus boast to the gaming audience and please its users by adding a feature displayed/given by few companies. To add on, OnePlus phones are cheaper and have a lot of other features such as gaming mode to help a recording software made by OnePlus excel. The restrictions I mentioned earlier are not impossible to break as Samsung and Asus use Android and were able to somehow bypass it and since they did it, I strongly believe OnePlus can do the same.

I have provided some sketches below.

[​IMG]
    #PMChallenge1.jpg #PMChallenge2.jpg #PMChallenge3.jpg
    [​IMG]

Thanks for reading this article.

Sincerely,

Soham

2. soham_bih Donut Feb 18, 2019

soham_bih, Feb 18, 2019 :
    Sorry for the terrible sketches. I don't have the best handwriting and don't have an image editing software.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  3. Shapeshift3r Eclair Feb 18, 2019

4. Aquib1999 Gingerbread Feb 23, 2019

Aquib1999, Feb 23, 2019 :
    I have a request plz add screen recorder with internal audio in oxygen os bcz We love to game on this beast and record gameplay
    But No app on playstore allow to record screen with internal audio
    I mean these are the basic feature for a perfect smartphone
    They must allow to record internal sound atleast for games
    After all this is 2019
    people love to watch Android gameplay or live stream on YouTube , like pubg gameplay even ASPHALT 9 and fortnite
    (Many of my friend switched to iPhone, Samsung or xiaomi so they can live stream or share GAMEPLAY videos with system sound)
    And I'm still hoping that Oneplus gonna add this in oxygen os
    Because as of now we can't do this even after root

5. Aquib1999 Gingerbread Feb 23, 2019

Aquib1999, Feb 23, 2019 :
    with system sounds
    System sound + mic
    Capabilities.
    To record gameplay or live stream
    Because OnePlus is best for Mobile gaming
    And as of now i use mobizen to record screen and gameplays but sadly there is no system sound .
    But my mobile gaming community have
    Samsung
    iPhone
    Xiaomi
    Honor
    Blackshark
    Rog phone
    Ipad
    They all record gameplay with system sound
    I hope OnePlus gonna add this feature ASAP
    BECAUSE IT'S HIGH TIME TO IMPLEMENT THIS FEATURE AS MOBILE GAMING IS ON FIRE
    AND PEOPLE LOVE TO WATCH GAMEPLAYS AND LIVE STREAMS ON YOUTUBE