#PMChallenge - Learning Mode

1. AguAga Cupcake Feb 20, 2019

AguAga, Feb 20, 2019 :
    #PMChallenge - Learning Mode

Who are the users?

OnePlus users with an emphasis on students and/or people who are looking for an easy way to integrate studying into their daily activities.

What is the proposed function?

My proposal is a Learning Mode. While technology has made studying easier in many ways, it has also introduced distractions that can interrupt the studying process. Getting enough sleep is a constant battle. Many people fall into the trap of briefly checking their phone before going to sleep and end up spending half an hour browsing.

What if there was a studying app right on the lock screen? My proposal comes in three parts. The first part is a simple interface called Flashcard. Once activated, notifications are temporarily paused, similar to Do Not Disturb. The lock screen is replaced by only the time and a visual that can either be an image or a definition. The user can switch between flashcards by swiping left and right and flip between the image and definition, similar to real flashcards.

The second part is an audio feature called Studylist. This feature converts Flashcard data into an mp3 file. Doing so allows users to memorize vocabulary while walking to class or practice language pronunciations while exercising. Flashcard and Studylists would have the option to be shared and imported among friends and classmates, and teachers could easily distribute Studylists for students to use.

The third part is an overlay feature. Users frequently have to wait while an app downloads content. This wait time is often not long enough to do something else, but still not trivial. A Flashcard Overlay that can be accessed from a Quicktile allows users to study while waiting for their primary app to load.

What is the user value?

Learning Mode embraces the simplicity of the OxygenOS and OnePlus lifestyle by helping people reduce distractions and study more efficiently. Many of us have a habit of unlocking and locking our phones without any real purpose. We can transform this habit by turning it into a way to study.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?

The majority of studying apps have intrusive and distracting ads. While ads can be informative and useful, they can also be detrimental to one’s studying experience. Access from the lock screen or an overlay allows users to easily learn whenever they want. Conversely, other studying apps tend to be forgotten when life gets busy. Ultimately, directly integrating Learning Mode into the clean interface of OxygenOS allows users to have a focused study experience.

Diagram sketches are shown below. I have also uploaded a PDF with them in higher quality since some of the text is showing up blurry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019

dsmonteiro and Fionana5 like this.
  2. puneeth12 Honeycomb Feb 20, 2019

puneeth12, Feb 20, 2019 :
    kudos buddy..I like your way of portraying wish to embrace learning and you contributed few minor tweaks to make flash card works at the best.But I assume OnePlus works hard to make choices to work on all spectrums .As per mean while you can use Third-party application called Anki (link below,No paid suggestions here!).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ichi2.anki

_Arundhati_ likes this.
  3. j.william Cupcake Feb 20, 2019