#PMChallenge - Moving the “⋮” (Vertical Hamburger Menu)at down end of the recent app.

1. G1549797335933 Cupcake Feb 10, 2019

G1549797335933, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Hi OnePlus community,

As soon I saw the #PMChallenge the frustrated split screen user in me just got woke up and begged me to use the opportunity to show the change which I wanted from every other Android 9 based UI.

Introduction

After the introduction of gesture based navigation in the Oxygen OS based on Andriod 9 Pie one essential feature which was accessible easily by just pressing the “Recent Button” which was the “Split screen” functionality became much harder to activate and the options like "App Info & Lock App" also accompanied to Split screen and they all were crammed into “⋮” (3 Dot Vertical Hamburger Menu).

Reddit post :
    Some Reddit users who were frustrated because of new way to access split screen view.

" Does anyone like the new multi-tasking view? I'm seriously asking, I haven't heard one person say they prefer it. "

" Disappointing change. I used to pull up split screen by holding the square button. Android P has been very disappointing so far."

"I've stopped using multi window because of this. There's just no advantage left."

Source Link : https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/9555g9/android_9_requires_so_many_steps_to_enable_split/

How it is now :

upload_2019-2-10_19-51-18.png
    upload_2019-2-10_19-38-42.png

A Small Change :
    So as to reduce the pain of activating Split screen option just a small change need to be done in the UI of the Recent Screen Menu by moving the “⋮” at the down end corner of the Recent app.

upload_2019-2-10_19-37-6.png
    upload_2019-2-10_19-37-29.png

Q1).Who are the users?
    Ans. Every OnePlus user who gets latest version of OxygenOS.

Q2).What is the proposed function?
    Ans.The function allows user to reach the “Three dot menu option(⋮)” easily by tapping which is located at down end corner of the app to access the feature like “SplitScreen, Lock App and App Info”option without reaching to the top of the recent app screen.

Q3).What is the user value?
    Ans.Gives users fingers zero amount of stretch and make the option easily accessible like split screen, Lock App and App Info more easily.

Q4).If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    Ans.No other Android phone running on Android 9 has the easily accessible Split screen option.
    Moving the “⋮” (3 Dot Vertical Hamburger Menu) to down end corner is great as you don’t have to do hand gymnastics just to access split screen view option.

(Sorry if ever someone found the content of illustrated images not alligned properly than I apologize as I'm a noob in using the Photoshop software, of which I had only couple of online tutorials just to represent the change which I want from UI of OxygenOS.)

Thanks Oneplus for giving me an opportunity to show the change which I want from OxygenOS via #PMChallenge.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019

Ruby G., quirell, Wayne890309 and 2 others like this.
  2. quirell Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

quirell, Feb 19, 2019 :
    actually, why not make further changes, why not bring out options hidden under hamburger menu and place them as icons under apps. it would be more useful as split screen would require just one touch!
    come on guys, we need that feature! split screen as it is now is so annoying.