#PMChallenge + Multitasking the OnePlus way - faster +

1. Marcinbauer
    Donut Feb 21, 2019

Marcinbauer , Feb 21, 2019 :

Who are the users?
    All stock OxygenOS user who have a OnePlus device with Android >8.0

What is the proposed function?
    A general enhancement of the multitasking and app switching functionality for the user to:
    1. Switch apps faster and more seemingly with the use of TWO FINGER SWIPE LEFT or RIGHT anytime in the system.
    2. Give the ability to launch two apps in split screen mode by using TWO FINGER SWIPE UP anytime and selecting the desired second app to launch in split view
    3. Give the ability to launch apps faster from the task overview (middle-bottom long swipe up gesture) and swiping up again getting the quick drawer with app selection.

What is the user value?
    Users will do more in less time with less swipes and taps on OnePlus phones enjoying their experience more and being more productive.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    Screens on phones are getting bigger, but the experience stays the same and is very single tasked. Launching split screen apps on Android is very rare. Users who have access to this functionalities do love it, but manufacturers do not provide support developing this feature or just don't have it. This is neglected, but is getting traction in the phone industry (and Google support), because the displays and hardware today permits to do it correctly.
    The solution proposed expands greatly the current task switching of OxygenOS, and adds the ability to split screen apps better than the competition.

Never settle.

2. AlexanderProkhorov
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2019

AlexanderProkhorov , Feb 21, 2019 :
    I love it! Wish I thought of a two finger swipe to enter split screen for my submission, although it is already used in some apps, so a three finger swipe would probably be more reliable. Also there already is a gesture for quickly switching between two most recent apps, and when you need to go further than two apps it hardly seems easier to perform two or more gestures instead of the normal task manager route. Also the style of your video is stellar! I wanted to make something similar, but it took me long enough figuring out after effects to just animate the UI

3. Marcinbauer
    Donut Feb 22, 2019

Marcinbauer , Feb 22, 2019 :
    Thanks :) Im guessing there might be some limitations to most of our ideas for this competition. Whether its a development, business or some wierd legal problem. The current "arch swipe from middle" to swipe app is ok, but I sometimes have difficulties in performing it. IMO two (or three) finger swipe left/right would be simpler and doesn't rely on the user having a case that lets him do the "arch" (because some cases have big rimms).

4. Marcinbauer
    Donut Feb 22, 2019

Marcinbauer , Feb 22, 2019 :
    I also saw your case, and a lot of great work :) Multitasking is something will explode in 2019+. Just see the recent Samsung Galaxy Fold:
    [​IMG]
    We need this functionality!

5. Dpakc
    Cupcake Feb 22, 2019

Dpakc , Feb 22, 2019 :
    Idea is good but we need to use two hands (i.e one to hold mobile and another to switch between apps using two fingers), who would like to use two hands to switch between apps when it can be done in one hand itself.

mahyunk likes this.