#PMChallenge One Time Permissions (OTP)/Session wise Permissions (SwP)

1. NeeleshPathak Cupcake Feb 13, 2019

NeeleshPathak, Feb 13, 2019 :
    Hello OnePlus,
    I would like to submit my idea to improve phone security. Kindly have a look.

Foreword
    Android apps need permissions in order to work. However, cybercriminals can exploit them for their personal gain. I see most of the people are not vigilant enough about the app level permissions on their smartphone. Critical permissions like SMS, phone, storage etc. remain ON/Allowed all the time after it get activated at very 1st time when you install the app. Hence these smartphones are more vulnerable to the cyber attacks. It has been advised to always recheck all the critical permissions of all the apps but no one take this advice seriously until they are affected.

Who are the users?
    Almost all the users who don’t care much about their phone security but need some solution to keep their phone safe.

What is the proposed function?
    “One Time Permissions (OTP)” or “Session wise Permissions (SwP)” is the proposed function.

Option 1:
    Once application is installed for very 1st time, along with compulsory permissions the new parent level OTP/SwP option will be displayed and it will be enabled by default. User have choice to disable it at the time of the installation.

Option 2:
    If OTP/SwP option is enabled, whenever app is started, it will be prompted to grant all required permissions.
    If OTP/SwP option is disabled, it will skip the check and app is started.

What is the user value?
    By implementing this functionality user no need to worry about the critical permissions which are always kept ON/Allowed. Also this functionality will reduce risk of possible cyber attacks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files: