#PMChallenge OnePlus Mouse

1. Manas_Vegi
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2019

Manas_Vegi , Feb 20, 2019 :
    Foreword

I wanted to switch to Android. And for a long time, though I knew that OnePlus offered great cost-to-performance ratio, awesome speed, and a fluid near stock OS, I hesitated a lot (And almost didn’t buy my phone) since the size of the OnePlus 6 would be too big for my small palms. Eventually, I bought the OnePlus 6. Though I understand that larger displays are better for media consumption, I still miss one-handed usage and it can get very inconvenient to access stuff like quick settings that are at the top of the tall screen.
    Enter the ‘OnePlus mouse’.

Who are the users?

Everyone, especially those who have smaller hands or need one-handed usage at the moment (Eg: a crowded bus).

What is the proposed function?

The proposed function is to give the users an option to enable the Oneplus Mouse. The mouse, when activated, will help the users to provide touch input in the top area of the screen without actually having to struggle to reach the upper area or use two hands.

What is the user value?

It will save tons of effort on a daily basis and will help people enjoy their large screens while still having the convenience of one-handed usage

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?

There is an app called Reachability Cursor (I think it’s unreleased) in the Play Store that has a similar idea.
    The Oneplus Mouse is superior since it supports long presses, customisation for its color(can be OnePlus themed!), duration before it disappears, disappearing animation and shape(maybe not shape since circular is ideal one) of the mouse. It also can be disabled in the Quick Settings.

The working is shown in the pictures below.

1550693939721.jpg

1550693912314.jpg

1550693963469.jpg

1550694422757.jpg

1550694453800.jpg

Note: all the customisation can be done in settings

P.S.: I really really love the way daily usage is a breeze with this powerhouse. It's my sincere wish that such a feature be implemented that can help with one-handed usage and make the user experience much better.
    Thanks.[e]270c[/e]️

Attached Files:

2. I1550480825367
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2019

3. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Feb 21, 2019

LegolasX , Feb 21, 2019 :
    mouse in an touch screen where most of the interaction is done via touch..? huh

YRJ likes this.
  4. Manas_Vegi
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2019

Manas_Vegi , Feb 21, 2019 :
    Thus it's a feature that can get activated when necessary.

The benefit is while reaching anything towards the top of the screen. I don't know about you but I and many people I know have trouble reaching stuff at the top of the screen with just one hand nowadays (cuz of the tallers screens).

So in such cases, you can slide from the edge to make the mouse come alive. Thus, you can reach an app or something at the top of the screen without actually movie ur hand to the top.