#PMChallenge - OnePlus Smart/Safe Driving Mode

1. X1542400744069 Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

X1542400744069, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Hi,

I would like to propose a feature or a kind of smart driving interface for OxygenOS.

1. Who are the users?

For everyone who drives in our Oneplus community.

2. What is the proposed function?

This feature would display a simple drive-friendly interface containing customizable shortucts based on the preference of our OnePlus users such as basic functionalities like:

•Voice reminders
    •voice notes
    •Instant replies
    •Voice navigation related concerns
    •Calls

and others along with the ability to change the user's preferred gps application (google maps, waze, etc) .

Moreover this feature should also highlight driving safety related features which could be marketed as "making drives smarter and safer" or something related. Such safety features should include the ability to use the camera as a dash cam when placed on the car's dash board which OnePlus could further market with the development of a OnePlus car mount of some sort.

Here are some suggested safety and useful drive mode features:

•Ability to store the places visited for the user's reference (with proper consent ofcourse)
    •Read texts
    •Remember the location of the car once parked
    •Ability to share your location with loved ones in case of accidents
    •Easy access to emergency calls with a tap or voice control
    •Take pictures in dash cam mode
    •Road safety tips
    •Seat belt reminders
    •View road laws
    •and even google translate in order to connect people from different races in the driving scenery.

3. What is the user value?

The feature would provide users with the ability to stay connected while driving in a safe and smart manner all within the comfort of OxygenOS. This would most likely provide users like myself with a feeling of "getting a lot more than what we paid for" since we could utilize our smartphones as a gps, dash cam and ofcourse an all around tool accessible while driving.

4. If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?

I got the idea from Android Auto, an application by Google which I believe to be very useful, but still has the potential to be a lot more. I believe OnePlus could reach that "a lot more" by adding a little OnePlus flair, and I think this idea could help OnePlus do just that since it would add significant safety features and a dash cam feature which could save users a lot of money and appreciate the OnePlus ecosystem.

1549395892904.jpg

Apologies for the bad drawing, I am not very talented when it comes to that department, I'll be glad to discuss this with you though.

Regards,
    Jovin

P.S. I think the car mount is a nice addition to OnePlus accessories, and maybe you can make this as a kind of default interface once mounted which would expand OnePlus ecosystem.

Crystal Z. and MatthewTave like this.
  2. toastytoast1234 Lollipop Feb 5, 2019

toastytoast1234, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Like not using your phone while driving?

3. X1542400744069 Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

X1542400744069, Feb 5, 2019 :

toastytoast1234

Like not using your phone while driving?​

Lol

Yeah, but a lot of us use our phones as gps, might as well add simple features that are mostly auditory to avoid visual distractions.