#PMChallenge OnePlus Virtual Voice Assisstant - Leo

1. StaskoxD Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

StaskoxD, Feb 7, 2019 :
    Who are the users?

Every single OnePlus user while mostly benefiting the lazy people and those which are one way or another – handicapped. By providing them with the ability to use their phones only with their voice even people that were unable to use a phone before will now have this chance. Every single person should be able to have basic, if not even advanced control over his phone just by using his voice.

What are the proposed functions?

As a voice assistant, Leo will be able to follow any commands given by the user. For example :

- Leo, wake up.

- Leo, call Girlfriend #2.

- Leo, find me the new memes.

- Leo, snap a picture in 10 seconds.

- Leo, let’s play a game of Tic Tac Toe.

- Leo, tell me a joke.

- Leo, play B*tch lasagna by PewDiePie

- Leo, call an uber to this location.

- Leo, turn Night Mode On

- Leo, let’s play some PUBG * Opens PUBG *

Leo must be given enough permissions to be able to execute all commands.

The assistant could also be used as a way of unlocking a device but only if it is able to differentiate between voices. Therefore sentences ( words ) spoken by the owner may be used as a way of verification.

For example :

Setting up Leo will require the user to speak certain words in order for the AI to pick up the voice.

Afterwards, certain words may be used as a password.

- Leo, penguin. *Unlocks

- Leo, Fortnite. *Locks forever* Disclaimer: not an actual feature

Another feature I would like to see is being able to have conversations like some bots on the internet. This can be used when people are bored/sad/alone or when they are having problems and just need someone to talk to. ( It might just be an option )

For example :

User: Hey Leo, I am bored. Can u tell me a joke?

Leo: Of course * User’s name *.

Leo: What's the smartest animal?

User: What?

Leo: A fish because they stay in schools!

Leo will also have a switch button to turn him to a silent mode which could be useful in a more formal environment.

What is the user value?

Users will be able to interact with an AI which should be friendly, make them laugh, help them with everyday tasks and more. As such we( the users ) will be able to enjoy our smartphones more. As there are already assistants on other devices our Leo must be different and of course – better. He will be able to cure boredom, make tasks such as calling, changing settings and even searching things online a hassle-free experience without even unlocking the phone.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?

Leo will be more user-friendly than the other robotic assistants. One feature that can be implemented is giving the user to customize a mascot that represents Leo and even to change his name thus enabling a wide variety of customization.

For example :

Leo will start as an unidentified gender and it will be given the option to stay like that or change to male/female. ( Leo/Lea(Woman counterpart name still under production)) ( That way it won’t offend anybody )

An app can be made so that the user can change the clothes or eventually more things about the mascot as for the start it will just be a white animation. ( Keeping it simple ).

Our Leo will be the first VIRTUAL Voice Assistant. He will benefit the current OxygenOS because it would be way easier to change settings or use or smartphones with our voices only. He will be able to use the customization of OnePlus like changing the Icon Pack with just 1 command or even connecting to wifi or turning the hotspot ON.
    OnePlus Leo.jpg OnePlus Leo 2.jpg

Ruby G. and Baymax like this.
  2. Loveit Jelly Bean Feb 7, 2019

Loveit, Feb 7, 2019 :
    OMG you have actually gone as far as naming your "new" creation.

Cool name though, it does work i'll give you that.

Baymax likes this.
  3. FaleshC KitKat Feb 8, 2019

FaleshC, Feb 8, 2019 :
    well well, looks like Google Assistant and Siri and even Bixby may go out of business soon.
    Hey leo what Happened to Siri.
    leo: who is Siri?

4. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Feb 8, 2019

Hydra Bob, Feb 8, 2019 :
    I can get on board with this idea, but only if it sounds exactly like uncle Leo from Seinfeld. And you'd have to start every command with "Uncle Leo hello!" or he'd just chastise you for not saying hello first.

5. KeepTransisting KitKat Feb 8, 2019

KeepTransisting, Feb 8, 2019 :
    Like I said in all the other threads like this:

Do you know what happens when an OEM tries to make a Google Assistant / Siri killer? You get garbage like Samsung Bixby

Alex Rossow and MrMysakovich like this.
  6. Tobikage Marshmallow Feb 8, 2019

Tobikage, Feb 8, 2019 :
    ....and then Leo became self aware and started an affair with

YRJ likes this.
  7. MrMysakovich Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 8, 2019

MrMysakovich, Feb 8, 2019 :
    +1

8. StaskoxD Cupcake Feb 8, 2019

StaskoxD, Feb 8, 2019 :
    I do think that OnePlus can deliver a product better than the ones on the market as we have seen in the past.