#PMChallenge - Permanent quick select wheel

1. Wkdintent
    Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

Wkdintent , Feb 5, 2019 :
    Why do I want it?
    On my 5T, I make extensive use of the navigation bar customisations; but it looks like the Nav bar's days numbered, I would like something to bring back those fast options.

What is the idea?
    And so I suggest a Quick select wheel. No matter what app you're in, it would be a permanent button to the right of the Home pill. This button (similar to the Samsung Edge panel, or the LG V30's floating bar), is dragged away from the corner, towards one of four+ user selected shortcuts; such as a specific setting toggle, the Shelf, a Google search, or the most recent email.

Oneplus idea.png
    Who are the users?
    Any who likes Nav bar customisations, so those who want speed and efficiency.

What is the proposed function?
    To quick select pretty much anything on the phone, from any screen.

What is the user value?
    Speed

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    There are some launchers which can do something similar, but having this baked into Oxygen OS would allow it access to everything.

Crystal Z. likes this.
  2. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Feb 5, 2019

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Feb 5, 2019 :
    User value - Speed.

That is how we fool ourselves. All this multitasking and split screen nonsense don't really make you faster or more efficient or more productive. They are just gimmicks we employ to fool ourselves.

3. Wkdintent
    Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

Wkdintent , Feb 5, 2019 :
    Speak for yourself. Just today I have been glancing at a YouTube video while typing a WhatsApp; and keeping Maps onscreen while googling for a restaurant's name. It's no different to using a computer.

4. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Feb 5, 2019

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Feb 5, 2019 :
    and you think that made you faster or more productive?

5. FaleshC
    KitKat Feb 7, 2019

For Athena likes this.