#PMChallenge - Phone profile settings as per location

1. ashiesh Cupcake Feb 6, 2019

ashiesh, Feb 6, 2019 :
    Who are the users?
    - Most of the users - Professionals, Students etc.

What is the proposed function?
    - Profile settings mainly - phone ringer or other settings change as per the location. For e.g. My phone should able to change the Ringer volume to silent when I am in office as per the location and when I am out from my office the phone again turns back to normal ringer settings. Other settings like WIFI should turn off when I am in the office and turn ON when I am back at home. This feature will definitely help many professionals and students.

What is the user value?
    - Users need not have to worry about turning their phone into silent mode when in office and get into the meetings. It will save them in the situations where the phone is ringing between the meetings.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    - I belive this will be one of the features introduced by the OnePlus for the first time and no other phones companies are offering this feature. This will be great to have.
    - I believe there are few 3rd party apps for the same which are not working great and are not easy to use. either.

2. andrey.maslyuk Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

andrey.maslyuk, Feb 11, 2019 :
    There is (was?) Llama location profile switching application, but such function needs to be system-integrated as some required functions are not exposed at all or have limitations in recent Android versions due to security tightening. I gave up Llama as it became problematic since Android K or L.

Some extras which profile switcher may control (again Llama may be looked up as a good starting point): radio interfaces (WiFi, BT, GPS), application notification muting, what else can you add?

ashiesh likes this.
  3. ashiesh Cupcake Feb 15, 2019

ashiesh, Feb 15, 2019 :
    I also tried to use liama but that was not of that great experience. yes controlling few other things will also work. I will love to have this feature in my phone which sets things automatically as per the location.