#PMChallenge - Profiles

1. PlugaruTudor Eclair Feb 4, 2019

PlugaruTudor, Feb 4, 2019 :
    Who are the users?
    Basically, all types of users can benefit from this feature. Everyone that want's to have a different type of screen layout and applications separated by their scope.

What is the proposed function?

The idea is to be able to have some kind of separation between let's say work-related applications and other applications using the same phone and the same user.
    For example, I'd like to be able to have automatically (not necessarily) enable some kind of 'Work' profile during specific hours and be able to see only the applications I selected when I created that profile and to have them arranged in the way I want.

What is the user value?

Users will be able to separate applications based on their purpose and be able to have some kind of boundaries between different groups of applications.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?

There are ways to some kind emulate this using 3'rd parties launchers and some automation applications, but I find that limited and would be nice to have something supported by the OS its self.

The logic behind this:
    In the screenshots below is shown where it could be possible to add the profile switcher. It can be seen that in one screenshot I have on my screen different applications that are for me, work-related. On the other screen, there are all the apps I use outside the workplace.
    The way I see it is to have in the settings, under each user a place where it can create profiles (the name can be changed). For each profile, the user will select which applications to be included.
    When a profile is activated, the launcher layout at first is the default one, and then the user can be able to change it as it pleases. These changes have to be remembered for each profile separately.
    If the user selects another profile, then the settings that were configured for that specific profile should be applied.

Sketches:
    all.jpg

Work (1).jpg

santosh45 and buntycubal like this.