#PMChallenge - RectUI - World's ultimate Battery Saving UI & No sacrifices - By, Padmanabhan Ramji

?

Like this concept of RectUI for ultimate Battery saving and also no sacrifices on functionalities ?

Poll closed Feb 9, 2019.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Paddy007007
    Donut Feb 7, 2019

Paddy007007 , Feb 7, 2019 :
    Hi I'm Padmanabhan Ramji,

First of all, am a proud owner of OnePlus 6 and I always wanted an opportunity to express this idea. Thanks to OnePlus for this platform. Love you guys !! Kindly go through and contact me if anything.
    Email: Email removed by mod
    • This is a UI which can be activated like an add-on UI in existing OxygenOS when the battery is low or if you want your charge to last longer.
    • For the first time ever, a UI is entirely designed in a such a way to save battery and at the same time use most of the functionalities.
    • Display takes most of the battery and you can witness it every time you go through the Android Battery usage history.
    • This UI is made to reduce battery and at the same time provide users a wonderful UI experience and most of the functionalities.
    Who are the users?
    • People who want the battery to last very long at the same time use most of the functionalities on phone.

What is the proposed function?
    • RectUI - a new way of UI interaction to the world where all users can use a very small space on the screen and get most of things done easily, thus saving battery.
    • The OLED's in all other places will be completely switched off.
    What is the user value?
    • Users would love this as they can do a lot in a small space still having all options to use.
    • Not having to sacrifice the functionalities at the same time use far less battery is heaven when you have low battery.
    If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    • No UI in the existing tech world has this kind of a UI. So this is the one and only one of this kind.
    Explain the logic behind this product and how you want it to be implemented?
    • The API for this RectUI should be developed by the OxygenOS developers and the same can be used by other app developers to make their app compatible with this UI.
    Include directions and details via diagram sketches. Draw each screen and show the flow from screen to screen.
    • Please find the attached images with descriptions.
    Basic RectUI structure: (My Google drive link click below)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oBtJ61hYU036ltBA3mmevgUK9h1lS1H8/view?usp=drivesdk
    [​IMG]

Basic RectUI structure with explanation: (My Google drive link click below)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dZ3Rj8Z3fdnMjHLLR1dpGrLoauAVRA5Y/view?usp=drivesdk
    [​IMG]

Sample Uber RectUI example: (My Google drive link click below)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LbCztoJUjaS42ZutuBlRchNr-aBsBbD_/view?usp=drivesdk
    [​IMG]

Basic RectUI structure.jpg

Sample Uber RectUI example.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2019

2. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Feb 7, 2019

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Feb 7, 2019 :
    I would rather have a slightly thicker phone to accommodate a larger battery than have a large display with pixels turned off.

Concept is good, but has a very limited (rare) application.

xnutzii, alessiodales and Paddy007007 like this.
  3. Paddy007007
    Donut Feb 7, 2019

I understand your concern.. this is like an add on feature which can be activated when battery goes down. Would be very useful if stuck in a situation where battery is very low and need to book a cab urgently. Instead of using the normal UI of Uber which utilises the whole OLED's in the screen. This uses only a portion which means it can withstand longer :)
    Anyways thanks for ur feedbacks.. means a lot :)

Added the below point in my post so its clear for all .. thanks.. :)
    • This is a UI which can be activated like an add-on UI in existing OxygenOS when the battery is low or if you want your charge to last longer

4. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Feb 7, 2019

pablofg1978 , Feb 7, 2019 :
    Please do not share your email in public, and also, please do not spam your thread on the forum

Paddy007007 likes this.
  5. Paddy007007
    Donut Feb 7, 2019

Noted. Will take care from now. Thanks.