#PMChallenge Screen Time and Screen Recording

1. W1549526883181
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

W1549526883181 , Feb 7, 2019 :
    Who are the users?
    Screen Time: Everyone
    Screen Recording: Gamers

What is the proposed function?
    Screen Time: To display how long you've been using your phone throughout the day, week or month.
    Screen Record: When selected, a box pops out. Can choose to decide which apps which would launch when tapped. An option is available to record screen.

What is the user value?
    Screen Time: Many are addicted to smartphones and regularly reminding them to take breaks can help reduce usage of smartphones. The notes also tell them the consequences of using too much.
    Screen Record: Helpful for gamers as they can have a better quality of screen recording compared to third-party apps.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    Screen Time: Discourages usage of the phone after long periods. Tells users to take breaks and shows them the consequences of using phones for an extended period.
    Screen Recording: Able to choose the screen resolution that you wanted to record and also the FPS. Most importantly, it can record mic audio.
    1549533928097.jpg

1549533936207.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019

2. F_Tan_Jian_Lun_EGyd
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

W1549526883181 likes this.
  3. Stefaustin
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

Stefaustin , Feb 7, 2019 :
    I would like to build on this idea as well. For the users with rear mounted finger print scanners, allow screen recording to begin with a double or triple tap of the fingerprint scanner so you can easily use it while in game and have a similar requirement to stop screen recording and auto save footage.
    It feels somewhat natural with the middle finger of any hand (depending on which Is closest to the sensor)

4. W1549526883181
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

that's a really good idea

Stefaustin likes this.
  5. Hardik4561
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

Hardik4561 , Feb 7, 2019 :
    I came here to propose this idea and saw your thread. It says most of the things I would had, few extra features around screen recording.

1. Navigation buttons can be used for starting the screen record. Long press frequent button or double tap home button.
    2. It should show a count down timer like 3, 2, 1 before the screen recording starts.
    3. Settings options for default screen resolution, video output format, storage location and mic on or off.

Let me know your thoughts. This feature would really be helpful for uploading videos to youtube for gamers and tutorials.

6. Stefaustin
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

Stefaustin , Feb 7, 2019 :

Hardik4561

I came here to propose this idea and saw your thread. It says most of the things I would had, few extra features around screen recording.

1. Navigation buttons can be used for starting the screen record. Long press frequent button or double tap home button.
    2. It should show a count down timer like 3, 2, 1 before the screen recording starts.
    3. Settings options for default screen resolution, video output format, storage location and mic on or off.

Let me know your thoughts. This feature would really be helpful for uploading videos to youtube for gamers and tutorials.​

This sounds just like az recorder, admittedly though, It would be nice to have this baked into the software.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019

7. W1549526883181
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

this would make screen recording much better it should be added

8. Aquib1999
    Gingerbread Feb 23, 2019

Aquib1999 , Feb 23, 2019 :
    Omg finally
    Love to see the built in screen recorder
    with system sounds
    System sound + mic
    Capabilities.
    To record gameplay or live stream
    Because OnePlus is best for Mobile gaming
    And as of now i use mobizen to record screen and gameplays but sadly there is no system sound .
    But my mobile gaming community have
    Samsung
    iPhone
    Xiaomi
    Honor
    Blackshark
    Rog phone
    Ipad
    They all record gameplay with system sound
    I hope OnePlus gonna add this feature ASAP
    BECAUSE IT'S HIGH TIME TO IMPLEMENT THIS FEATURE AS MOBILE GAMING IS ON FIRE
    AND PEOPLE LOVE TO WATCH GAMEPLAYS AND LIVE STREAMS ON YOUTUBE

9. Aquib1999
    Gingerbread Feb 23, 2019

Aquib1999 , Feb 23, 2019 :
    I have a request plz add screen recorder with internal audio in oxygen os bcz We love to game on this beast and record gameplay
    But No app on playstore allow to record screen with internal audio
    I mean these are the basic feature for a perfect smartphone
    They must allow to record internal sound atleast for games
    After all this is 2019
    people love to watch Android gameplay or live stream on YouTube , like pubg gameplay even ASPHALT 9 and fortnite
    (Many of my friend switched to iPhone, Samsung or xiaomi so they can live stream or share GAMEPLAY videos with system sound)
    And I'm still hoping that Oneplus gonna add this in oxygen os
    Because as of now we can't do this even after root