#PMChallenge Screenshot Web URL Linking

1. ashwin.243 Honeycomb Feb 5, 2019

ashwin.243, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Hello OnePlus Team and fellow OnePlus Forum members
    There is a feature that I would want in my OnePlus device (OxygenOS) and I feel that it would create an ease for other OnePlus users as well.
    EDIT: Upon pointing by a fellow OnePlus user, I'm writing this in the format demanded by the reviewers of #PMChallenge

1. Who are the users?
    Every user who takes a screenshot on their device will be a user of this feature.

2. What is the proposed function?
    I often take screenshots in my web browser (usually I use Chrome) to capture some ideas related to my work. I would really like if the Gallery app in OxygenOS had an option in which while viewing the screenshot I get an option to open the web page from which the screenshot was taken.

3. How this feature can be implemented?
    It would work like whenever a screenshot is taken in a web browser, the system extracts and saves a copy of the URL from the web browser and and associate it to the image in such a way that the Gallery app is able to read it.
    While browsing the photos in Gallery app, if I come across a screenshot taken on my phone, I small button at the bottom section of the screen should appear to allow me to open the URL in the web browser. The action button can have a tagline like, "View Webpage" or "Open URL" something like this to guide the user that the URL has been saved and he can open it whenever needed.

4. What is the user value?
    I feel that this feature will make a lot of ease for those users who regularly take screenshots on their devices as the feature allows them to directly visit the URL from which the screenshot was taken, so the hassle of copying and saving the URL apart from taking a screenshot is totally avoided.

5. Visual Representation
    To be honest, I've seen this feature on a friend's Samsung Galaxy Note 8 running the latest version of Samsung experience with Android O. So, instead of drawing crappy sketches, I have asked him to get me a screenshot of the part where this button is available. The button is shown in the white circle drawn with a pen
    20190206_120801.jpg

PS, getting a screen recording of this feature was not feasible, as it was compromising the privacy of that device user. I think that this feature is feasible and can be easily implemented in OxygenOS and I feel that along with me, this feature will help A LOT of other OnePlus users as well.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019

TanviMathur, kaanchak and Horuhin_Web like this.
  2. Horuhin_Web Donut Feb 5, 2019

Horuhin_Web, Feb 5, 2019 :
    This is actually nice ,wish it reachs the top

3. GopalB. Marshmallow Feb 5, 2019

GopalB., Feb 5, 2019 :
    Nice idea... But please follow the rules...
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/pmchallenge-entries-rolling-thread.995259/

ashwin.243 likes this.
  4. ashwin.243 Honeycomb Feb 6, 2019

5. GopalB. Marshmallow Feb 6, 2019

GopalB., Feb 6, 2019 :
    Like farming is not allowed... And its not us whose support is needed...

6. ashwin.243 Honeycomb Feb 6, 2019

ashwin.243, Feb 6, 2019 :
    That is totally up-to you.

7. BhavyaMehta0786 Honeycomb Feb 10, 2019

8. Venky61 Jelly Bean Feb 12, 2019

Venky61, Feb 12, 2019 :
    Nice idea... But, why not just use bookmarks? The probability of wanting to go to a browser through screenshots is very rare IMO.