#PMChallenge Smart Default Messaging app

1. Shekhar.borntofly Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 11, 2019

Shekhar.borntofly, Feb 11, 2019 :
    Hi people!

I am Shekhar, been following OnePlus since OnePlus 1 after which I purchased 2, 3, 3T, 5, 5T and now I own a 6T. Been following them from the start. I saw something different in these guys who want to make a perfect Apple for Android without Apple's price tag.

As now these guys are again asking community help to make OOS greate then I am here to do my part.

Using OxygenOs from the starting phase I would say it is improved a lot with a lot of new and important new customization features which are constantly being added from the first version but a lot is needed to make it clean but useful.

What is the proposed function?

As the title suggests it's about messaging app and following OxygenOs philosophy I would not suggest anything that would clutter this Powerful but old application. A simple option to show and copy OTP for bank transaction, different logins or other OAuth tokens which sends OTP for verification this would save a lot of time and effort.

Who are the users??

Literally, everyone uses there phone with there primary sim card on which all the SMS are received.

What is the user value?

A lot of users use different 3rd party apps to achieve this functionality but if it's inbuilt then no need to have 3rd party app for messaging as the stock one is pretty clean. And because it's an optional feature that can be turned on/off through app settings this would not be an irritating or extra useless feature to the people who don't want it.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?

Yes, there are a lot of other 3rd party apps like TrueCaller, SMS organizer by Microsoft, etc which are available in the market that replicates these feature but they consist of a lot of useless features that make those apps untidy and cluttery.

Current Messaging App implementation

Screenshot_20190209-223124__01.jpg

Expected Messaging App implementation

Screenshot_20190211-194518__01.jpg

How It Will Work?

Here are the steps to doing so:
    1) Add option in messaging app setting to show smart OTP.
    2) Turning this option would show smart OTP that is easy to read and copy.
    3) This will be an optional feature so that users that want this can use it. No need to fource use for everyone.

WeirdPictureFTW likes this.
  2. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop Feb 11, 2019

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, Feb 11, 2019 :
    May be your experience is bitter due to Truecaller. I don’t know how you even allowed that app to access your messages. That said, Microsoft SMS is top notch and there is no clutter in my opinion.

Papleshh, alessiodales and laiosg like this.
  3. WeirdPictureFTW Cupcake Feb 11, 2019