#PMChallenge - SMS Auto-Sorting, Reminders & Auto-Clean

1. nerdmonk
    Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

nerdmonk , Feb 11, 2019 :
    I would like to propose an SMS auto-sort functionality where the SMSes are sorted based on what type of SMS it is. On the default SMS app in Oneplus, there is already a functionality to sort Notifications together.

But we can improve this by sorting the SMSes with learning algorithms. We can further sort the SMSes as Finance, Notifications, Offers, Miscellaneous, Personal etc.

We could provide the users with the functionality of training the algorithm too. For example, if a particular SMS has been incorrectly categorized, then the user can select the message and then move it to another category and from this action the algorithm can learn to match correctly in the future.

I would also like to propose a reminder functionality for SMSes. Like it or not, SMSes are the default notification method for payment of your dues, taxes etc. And these SMSes typically come in a format with an end date (before xx-yy-zz date etc). So it would be great to introduce a feature to remind the user for the payment or follow ups etc.

Also, as time passes, we accumulate a lot of junk messages which either we have dismissed or opened and not action'ed upon etc. So we could typically set a junk folder auto-deletion mechanism. For example, messages categorized as Miscellaneous, can be auto-deleted post 60 days (this is one of the examples where clearing up SMSes can be done confidently).

Let me know your thoughts.

inareshmatta likes this.