#PMChallenge - SMS deferred send / scheduling

1. angry_muppet Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

angry_muppet, Feb 7, 2019 :
    Users
    Practically everyone, especially bosses.

Pain point
    The user either remembers that they need to contact a friend, or colleague, for information by SMS, but it is inappropriate to do so at that given time. This may be due to time zones or legal requirements (e.g. French labour laws).
    Ideal solution is to type the message and schedule to send at the appropriate time.

Concept
    Long press on send button / clock icon provides option to defer sending and schedule for a date/time in the future

Current implementation
    Previously available on Samsung Galaxy S3, but never promoted.

Improvement
    Provide as a setting where messages will automatically send, be deferred for a fixed period or ask every time.

2. paulomodesto Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 12, 2019

paulomodesto, Feb 12, 2019 :
    This is a needed feature that Samsung have for long, long, time ago that OP needs to implement!

3. laiosg Gingerbread Feb 13, 2019

4. mikeman Donut Feb 17, 2019

mikeman, Feb 17, 2019 :
    I would also want to see it implemented right in the OxygenOS and not via other apps. I don't trust external SMS apps. It's quite basic and not so difficult to implement (see Samsung, MIUI)...

5. Dadziu Cupcake Feb 18, 2019

Dadziu, Feb 18, 2019 :
    I hope you guys can make it backable and let us di a backup and restore data (I hope this data can be easily modified and generated for my business usage). Hope u can make it!

6. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Feb 18, 2019