#PMChallenge - sound mixer & per app output

1. Samwwik
    Donut Feb 5, 2019

Samwwik , Feb 5, 2019 :
    Who are the users?
    All Oneplus users who want more control of sound from different apps. or want to separate music and gaming sounds.

What is the proposed function?
    A simple sound controller where you can adjust the volume of different apps. Also you be able to sent some sounds to a speaker with bluetooth, wifi or anything else you can connect to.
    • Note, if the volume of the app is adjusted by the user, when you close the app (and i mean when you really close them, not just go to another app) the volume will be reset to the standard volume.
    • Note, only apps will be shown that give a sound output. For example, spotify or so, the game you are playing, and an app that makes a sound you don't want, like when you watch a video on youtube. When the app don't give a sound then it won't be shown in the mixer menu.
    Here is an example of how it might should look.​
    oneplus1.png
    The idea is to have an extra button for the sound mixer, by clicking on that buttun you get the folowing screen
    oneplus2.png
    At this screen you can see the apps (which are sound active) with the name of the apps. above that is an volume setting per app. above that you have the options where you want that sound, do you want the sound on your phone or on bluetooth (or something else, but this is my example)

What is the user value?
    Easy manage sound and music from different apps. You have the posibility to lower the volume of an app while keeping the other app loud and clear. Also it can be great to sent the spotify music to bluetooth speakers but having the sound of your game on your phone. Or the posibility to make a call while everyone else can still enjoy from the music from your bluetooth speaker.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    There aren't other smartphones with this function by my knowlage. however, computers do have the sound mixer, only the function to sent sounds from different apps to different speakers is missing by the computer.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019

Crystal Z. and Peybro like this.
  2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Feb 6, 2019

dsmonteiro , Feb 6, 2019 :
    Hi there,

Your images are broken:
    upload_2019-2-6_16-9-54.png

Samwwik likes this.
  3. Samwwik
    Donut Feb 6, 2019

4. Samwwik
    Donut Feb 6, 2019

dsmonteiro likes this.
  5. alessiodales
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2019

alessiodales , Feb 6, 2019 :
    As long as you use one app at time, i don't feel it would fit..
    With at least 2 apps and more audio output it could work.;)

6. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Feb 6, 2019

KeepTransisting , Feb 6, 2019 :
    Now I can actually get behind this. can't tell you how many times I've been listening to a podcast and playing a game and I want to mute the game, but some games literally don't have the option to mute their audio.

Samwwik and dsmonteiro like this.