#PMChallenge - Study mode.

1. Starcommander Honeycomb Feb 17, 2019

Starcommander, Feb 17, 2019 :
    STUDYMODE - IDEA BY A STUDENT FOR A STUDENT
    1550379380629__01.jpg
    Before you read this here are few questions I have to ask.
    1. Have you ever used your mobile to copy notes onto your book?
    2. Do you press power button to turn on the screen again and again or go to settings and change display timeout?
    3. Do you feel constant messages, notifications distract you from studying?
    4. Do your friends message you to play one match of pubg during crucial study time?
    These questions can be solved using my idea.

• What is the proposed function?
    rps20190217_105555.jpg
    The main function is similar to gaming mode. This will prevent the screen from dimming during the note taking hours and also block games during that time.

Nowadays if we have to copy some assignments or take the notes from a phone to a book, first thing is to go to:
    settings>display>timeout>30 mins
    If this process is not done, the display goes to sleep and its an irritating process to unlock the phone again and again.
    Once the note taking session is done, again we have to follow the steps to change display timeout to 2 mins.

What happens if your forget to revert the original settings?
    Answer: Serious Battery Drain

My idea is to get study mode handle this. This study mode will also automatically detect the games installed in the phone and block them. On the basis of user, it can also restrict social networking during study hours. A countdown timer will be shown in status bar which will remind a student of his time left for studies.
    • What is the user value?
    This will help to bridge the gap between technology and studies. Students will be able to focus on assignments and completing their work and it will prevent distraction. Its like well being app created for pixel devices. It's intention is to improve the concentration of students .
    • If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    This feature was implemented by cutom Rom. However its execution was not perfect. The feature had and option that phone will never go to sleep unless the that mode is stopped.

In my study mode app :​
    1. there will options to select the time range when to start this mode,
    2. Add a profile.
    3. Restrict games or hide game application and reduce social networking notifications.
    4. Timer which shows how much time is left to have a break.
    • Who are the users?
    Anyone who wants to focus on their job, projects, studies, research, etc.

Hope you had a wonderful day. Thank you for reading. Now I have to write my assignment otherwise I will get punishment :p
    PS : I am engineering student and above 20. In India especially engineering college gives a lot of assignment work which is to be copied from E-manual. Hence I suggest this idea.
    @Ruby G.

1550379072563__01.jpg

1550379380629.jpg

1550380669304.jpg

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019

2. Papleshh Eclair Feb 17, 2019

Papleshh, Feb 17, 2019 :
    Hello there, I think it would be better if you add the images real quick. Good idea but could be presented even better. Good luck

Starcommander likes this.
  3. Starcommander Honeycomb Feb 17, 2019

Ok thanks

4. Shapeshift3r Eclair Feb 17, 2019

Shapeshift3r, Feb 17, 2019 :
    I see where you're getting to. This might work but could you possibly improve your post. I'm not saying it's bad but it could definitely see some improvement. I've seen some brilliant threads here (presentation wise). Not telling you to copy or something but you can get inspired.
    Here are some that i liked:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/pmchallenge-force-touch.1000998/
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...ert-revert-apps-to-a-previous-version.996136/
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/pmchallenge-merger-of-locks-screen-with-ambient-display.995432/
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/pmchallenge-oneplus-launcher-improvements.999189/
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...d-photo-organizer-feature-for-gallery.997884/

G_plusone, mahyunk and Aashika_ like this.
  5. Starcommander Honeycomb Feb 17, 2019

Thank you so much

6. Shapeshift3r Eclair Feb 17, 2019

7. Starcommander Honeycomb Feb 17, 2019

Please review it again for me. Did some changes however will appreciate an honest review

8. Shapeshift3r Eclair Feb 17, 2019

Shapeshift3r, Feb 17, 2019 :
    You've improved miles and i mean it. But there's always room for improvement (Psst.. format your answer more logically | it should be pleasing to readers eyes) good luck. I've left my like | you earned it
    You'd want to interact a little more in the community, give your unbiased insight to others and appreciate the work of others. Like threads, quote great suggestions and help others. Share your thread on social media, more interactions will lead to better discovery. Don't overdo anything and keep it simple.)

mahyunk and Starcommander like this.
  9. Starcommander Honeycomb Feb 17, 2019

Gotcha thanks

Shapeshift3r likes this.
  10. Aashika_ Eclair Feb 17, 2019

Aashika_, Feb 17, 2019 :
    Nice curated list btw

11. Aashika_ Eclair Feb 17, 2019

G_plusone and Starcommander like this.
  12. mahyunk Froyo Feb 17, 2019