#PMChallenge - Sure Alarm

1. sahilthegr814u
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

sahilthegr814u , Feb 7, 2019 :
    Who are the users?
    Those for whome waking up early is the toughest thing in the world

What is the proposed function?
    The idea is to have another option of Sure Alarm function within the in-built clock apart from the regular alarm. The existing alarm can be either snoozed or switched off which many a times is insufficient to wake you up on time.

Instead switch to Sure Alarm, which makes the user do certain tasks from simple mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication or addition of 2-digit number) to more complex ones where use of a calculator can be a must for many or may have to perform physical tasks like jump 10-times holding the phone to sing a song with lyrics as displayed. The complexity of the mode of stopping the alarm can be selected by the user during alarm setup.

What is the user value?

Since the alarm will not turn-off till the correct solution has been fed, the users mind will become active thereby kick starting their day.

Attached Files:

Ruby G. and W1536586562687 like this.
  2. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Feb 7, 2019

SoniaB , Feb 7, 2019 :
    Interesting idea. But if my alarm at 5: 30am woke me to do as you suggest:

then I will be more inclined to smash it against the wall than actually do any of those tasks, especially without any caffeine first.

Besides, most who are not morning persons tend to have 2 alarms set. One for the earliest they want to be awake by and the 2nd one for the time they need to get up.

buntycubal likes this.
  3. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Feb 7, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Feb 7, 2019 :
    If any woman of mine starts doing that at 0600 she's getting kicked right out and never invited back.

SoniaB and theshinybeast like this.
  4. udit yadav
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

Attached Files: