#PMChallenge Temporary Enable or disable internet access to specific apps

1. Hadley_Preethish Cupcake Feb 8, 2019

Hadley_Preethish, Feb 8, 2019 :
    Q.) who are the users ?

A.) Everyone

Q. )what is the proposed function ?

A. ) This feature is to enable or disable the internet access to the some apps (user's choice ) consuming internet data either from the WiFi or from the network carrier . For example I want to disable the internet access to the social media apps like WhatsApp or Facebook , and the same time I should still be able to use internet to navigate across using maps and or stream music online .

the UI can be under the settings with a header : Apps with internet usage :

and on click it will list down all the apps with internet access , can be grouped by categories like music , social media , online shopping , etc ,. and then a toggle button next to each app and also next to the category names , so the user can disable or enable the internet for all the apps under that category or for a specific app .

Q.) What is the user value ?

A. ) User can save the internet data .

User can avoid disturbance from social media , while browsing the phone .

Q.) if there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior

A.) As far as my knowledge there is no such feature in the smart phone industry so far , so if this is implemented in One plus , then it would be the first to implement

Please find the UI in the image below .
    View attachment 969602
    1549613141089.jpg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019

Ruby G. and Aeeeas like this.
  2. Hadley_Preethish Cupcake Feb 8, 2019